Radio & Television

No consent required, shareholders approve AA sale

TORONTO –This morning, before its shareholders voted 99-plus percent in favour of the sale of the company to Goldman Sachs and CanWest Global, Alliance Atlantis said it doesn’t require the consent of the minority shareholders of Movie Distribution Income Fund before proceeding with the sale A press release issued yesterday evening by MDIF said that it intends to seek court intervention over the sale of the company. The fund is the owner of 49% of Motion Picture Distribution LP ("MPD"), while Alliance Atlantis owns the remaining 51% MDIF’s release said it believes, based on publicly available information, the consent of...
 

Our industry and COVID-19

We've gathered a number of links where Canadian cable, radio, television, telecom and wireless companies have posted their responses to the Covid-19 pandemic.