Radio & Television

Hi-Fi HDTV purchase valued at $85M

OTTAWA – Blue Ant Media is paying $85 million to buy independent broadcaster High Fidelity HDTV, according to a CRTC application made public on Wednesday. As Cartt.ca reported, the deal called for the company to initially purchase 29.9% of shares in High Fidelity HDTV and its four premium high definition television channels – Oasis HD, eqhd, radX and HIFI HD, with the remaining 70.1% closing subject to CRTC approval. Led by broadcast veteran Michael MacMillan, Blue Ant Media holds a controlling interest in GlassBox Television, which operates Travel+Escape, Bite TV and Aux TV, as well as a minority interest in Quarto...
 

Our industry and COVID-19

We've gathered a number of links where Canadian cable, radio, television, telecom and wireless companies have posted their responses to the Covid-19 pandemic.