Radio & Television

UPDATED: Michael MacMillan expands new, growing TV empire. Buys Hi-Fi HDTV with Torstar’s help

TORONTO - Blue Ant Media announced Wednesday it will acquire Canadian broadcaster High Fidelity HDTV and its four premium high definition television channels – Oasis HD, eqhd, radX and HIFI HD. The transaction, which has been rumoured for months, is pending CRTC approval. The deal calls for the company to initially purchase 29.9% of shares in High Fidelity HDTV, with the remaining 70.1% closing subject to CRTC approval. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. Blue Ant Media is a recently established independent media company led by media veteran, former Alliance Atlantis CEO and co-founder Michael MacMillan. In addition...
 

Our industry and COVID-19

We've gathered a number of links where Canadian cable, radio, television, telecom and wireless companies have posted their responses to the Covid-19 pandemic.