Radio & Television

Television public benefits spending drops 39% in 2012-2013: report

OTTAWA - Spending on tangible public benefits related to the acquisition of regulated Canadian broadcast television assets declined significantly to $108.8 million (all for English-language benefits initiatives) in the 2012-2013 broadcast year, according to new research from research and consulting firm Boon Dog Professional Services.For the year ended August 31, 2013, spending on television benefits by various Canadian broadcasters dropped 39% ($68.3 million) from a record high of $177.1 million in 2011-2012.  Of that $108.8 million, 76% ($82.7 million) went to on-screen/programming-related initiatives - primarily the creation of new Canadian programming - and the remaining 24% ($26.1 million) went to...
 

Our industry and COVID-19

We've gathered a number of links where Canadian cable, radio, television, telecom and wireless companies have posted their responses to the Covid-19 pandemic.