Cable & Telecom

Shaw shows Q3 revenue, income increases, boosts guidance

CALGARY – Cable and media conglomerate Shaw Communications announced this morning consolidated revenue for the three and nine month periods of $1.33 billion and $3.90 billion, respectively, was up 4% and 3% over the comparable periods last year. Total operating income before amortization of $585 million improved 3% over the comparable quarterly period and the year-to-date amount of $1.72 billion was up 6%, says the press release. Free cash flow for the three and nine month periods was $138 million and $543 million, respectively, compared to $203 million and $379 million for the comparable periods last year. Increased operating income...
 

Our industry and COVID-19

We've gathered a number of links where Canadian cable, radio, television, telecom and wireless companies have posted their responses to the Covid-19 pandemic.