Radio & Television

Manitoba to allow non-cop flag people while enhancing video tax credit

WINNIPEG – On Friday the province of Manitoba announced an enhancement to its film and video production tax credit along with legislation to permit the use of certified flag persons on productions. In the 2020-21 budget, a new Manitoba production company bonus of 8% will be added to the 30% cost-of-production credit, increasing the total cost-of-production credit to 38%. The ministers noted that improvements are based on advice from the Manitoba Film and Video Production Tax Credit Working Group. “The Manitoba Production Company Bonus of 8% will attract investment to the province and encourage Manitoba entrepreneurs and creators to continue...
 

Our industry and COVID-19

We've gathered a number of links where Canadian cable, radio, television, telecom and wireless companies have posted their responses to the Covid-19 pandemic.