Radio & Television

Canadian TV advertising revenues still strong at $3.57B

TORONTO – Television continues to be the dominant advertising medium in Canada after raking in $3.57 billion in revenue in 2012, says the Television Bureau of Canada (TVB).  But that figure is down slightly from the $3.65 billion reported the year before. According to the organization’s Net Advertising Volume By Medium report for the broadcast year ended August 31, 2012, 96% of the $3.57 billion is derived from “traditional brand advertising” including regular commercial airtime purchased in linear, VOD, and digitally streamed television content plus display advertising purchased within broadcasters websites.  The remaining 4% of revenue is derived from block...
 

Our industry and COVID-19

We've gathered a number of links where Canadian cable, radio, television, telecom and wireless companies have posted their responses to the Covid-19 pandemic.