Has made “nearly 60” hires to build Noovo Info team
MONTREAL — Bell Media’s Noovo today announced its brand-new news show Le Fil (The Wire) will debut on the network on March 29.
Noovo’s news division, Noovo Info, will feature a solid team of journalists covering current affairs and topics of interest to Quebecers across the province, says Bell Media’s press release. Bell purchased the Quebec broadcaster in 2020 and promised to boost its news content.
“With Le Fil, we will provide news reports that are aligned with the Noovo brand and its DNA: engaging, genuine and contemporary. It’s a new voice that will offer Québec greater editorial diversity and appeal to the public,” said Jean-Philippe Pineault, general manager of news and information at Bell Media, in the press release.
“To date, we have hired nearly 60 people to launch our new information service in the last few months. We are extremely proud of the journalists we have recruited for the launch of Noovo Info and Le Fil, as well as our contributors, content producers, researchers, managers and technicians who will handle the day-to-day production of the shows,” said Pineault.
The show’s news anchors are Noémi Mercier, Lisa-Marie Blais, Meeker Guerrier and Michel Bherer (pictured clockwise from top left).
Le Fil will air every day of the week on Noovo during various time slots:
Monday to Friday, 5 p.m. ET (60 minutes)
- National segment (30 minutes), hosted by Noémi Mercier
- Québec City, Mauricie, Estrie and Saguenay-Lac-St-Jean editions, from 5:30 p.m., hosted by Lisa-Marie Blais
- Montréal edition, from 5:30 p.m., hosted by Noémi Mercier
Monday to Friday, 10 p.m. ET (30 minutes)
- National segment, hosted by Michel Bherer
- Québec City, Mauricie, Estrie, and Saguenay-Lac-St-Jean editions, from 10:10 p.m., hosted by Lisa-Marie Blais
- Montréal edition, from 10:10 p.m., hosted by Michel Bherer
Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m. ET (60 minutes)
- National edition, hosted by Meeker Guerrier
Noovo will have a newsroom in Montréal at 1755 René-Lévesque Boulevard East and in Québec City at 900 d’Youville Street, along with bureaus in Trois-Rivières, Sherbrooke and Saguenay.
For more, please click here. A French-language press release is available here.