There is a full-time position available for a writer/producer at CHCH in Hamilton, ON. The successful candidate will report to the Manager, Creative Services and Special Projects.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Marketing department, producing brand and news campaigns (including on-air promotion and off-air marketing elements), community PSAs, and the Sales department producing dynamic client brandsell spots.
The following outlines the primary functions of the role, but does not include all of the duties and responsibilities of this position:
- Write and produce commercials and promotions (news, image spots, loyalty program, sponsorships, client brandsell, PSAs)
- Create and develop promotion and commercial concepts
- Write and produce content for print, web, radio, and outdoor as required
- Present concept ideas to various stakeholders
- Oversee all aspects of production
- Other duties as required
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Two years of hands-on experience in a news organization
- Three to five years television commercial and / or news promotion production experience in a major market
- A demonstrably creative vision and superior writing skills
- Superior organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable leadership in a live and fluid broadcast environment
- A diploma/degree in either Marketing or Production or equivalent experience
- Broadcasting experience an asset
- A valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Familiarity with non-linear editing systems and high-definition production is an asset
- Hours are Monday – Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM but may be required to work various shifts based on client needs
This hiring decision will be made by Dennis Firby, (Manager, Creative Services and Special Projects).
Interested applicants should send their résumé and letter of interest by 5:00pm on December 4th, 2015 citing posting number CHCH-11-01-15 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants should also be prepared to send a demo reel upon request.
About Channel Zero Inc.
Channel Zero is an independent Canadian media company that owns over-the-air channel CHCH-TV and a growing bouquet of specialty channels including Rewind and Silver Screen Classics. Bloomberg TV Canada is the first of several platforms under Channel Zero’s leadership that will combine the best of Bloomberg’s global branded content with Bloomberg original and local Canadian subject matter. Also within the parent company’s portfolio are Channel Zero Digital, which owns popular sites Andpop and ChartAttack, and the digital companions of its broadcast brands; and Channel Zero World Media, which operates Bollywood Times, Mehndi TV and Halla Bol – Canada’s first South Asian HD TV channels. Channel Zero also operates Ouat Media, an Academy Award® winning film sales and distribution company. For more information, please visit www.chz.com.
CHCH started broadcasting in 1954 and is proud to be the news leader for Hamilton and the surrounding Halton and Niagara regions. CHCH produces more original news programming than any other local television station in North America. With a primetime line-up anchored by movies, news magazine shows, and hit dramas, CHCH is available to over 92% of Ontario households and is viewed by millions nationally each week. For more information, please visit www.chch.com.
Channel Zero Inc. (along with its subsidiaries, affiliates, and related companies) is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in its workforce. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply but applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies please. To see all of our career opportunities, please visit http://www.chz.com/careers/