Moncton, NB, Canada Req #667
Thursday, March 21, 2019
Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and wireless networks, Eastlink delivers world-class video entertainment and communications services to residential, business and public sector customers across Canada. As one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 11 consecutive years, Eastlink provides high speed Internet, wireless, TV, telephone, security and automation, data communications and exclusive, locally-produced programming. Headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Eastlink is the largest privately owned telecommunications Company in Canada with an employee base of just over 1500 individuals.
Reporting to the Wireless Operations Manager, the Wireless Operations Technician is responsible for performing corrective and preventive maintenance activities on Eastlink’s wireless access sites in order to maximize network performance and availability. You will also participate in deployment activities by participating in commissioning of wireless sites, and supporting the Radio Network Engineering team with field data collection, new equipment testing and general radio network optimization activities – should have wireless cellular UMTS/HSPA and LTE experience. Where direct wireless mobility industry experience in not present other relevant radio frequency experience will be considered.
• Execute preventive and corrective maintenance activities in accordance with Eastlink’s Wireless Operation Standards, to maximize network availability and quality and achieve other performance metrics.
• Perform commissioning of new sites according to the implementation schedule.
• Perform site maintenance activities and troubleshoot configuration problems.
• Work with NOC at implementing Fault management, Configuration Management and Performance Management tools.
• Test new wireless cellular products/technology in collaboration with the Access Engineering team.
• Perform Field RF measurements and Data collection in support of the Radio Network Optimization Process.
• Participate in the definition of the site acceptance process in collaboration with Construction Project Managers.
• Perform site acceptance for the wireless cellular access network.
• Provide feedback and issue deficiencies to the Construction team, and follow up on execution.
• Provide feedback to planning and engineering teams on operational issues as part of a continuous improvement process.
• Maintain equipment firmware and configuration up to date.
• Manage repair and return, warranties, equipment calibration and other operational issues.
• Undergraduate or Technical Diploma in electronics or telecommunications with 5+ years of relevant experience with wireless cellular networks or other relevant radio frequency experience.
• Understanding of wireless cellular telecom network architecture as well as the potential impact of each Network Element on QoS, as well as wireless (RF) principles & technology. Able to travel throughout New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and PEI as required.
• Satisfactory criminal background check and drivers abstract will be requested.
• Radio equipment and related accessories (enodeB, coaxial cables, antennas, repeaters, low noise amplifiers (LNAs), etc.).
• Fibre Optic testing and understanding.
• Integrated network optimization tools and Key Point Indicator understanding.
• Basics of Point-to-Point wireless backhaul configuration and basic IP configuration, testing.
• Understanding of cell and channel capacity concepts.
• Understanding of wireless broadband and LTE technology.
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink brings you technology in a way that people would want it. We work hard to provide the best products – Internet, TV, Wireless, Telephone, and Security and Automation – to keep our customers connected to the things and people that matter the most. By putting our customers and their needs at the centre of it all we can show them something special and provide a unique brand experience.
We are extremely proud of our employees and believe the best people make the best companies. As we continue to grow, our goal is to continue to attract the best people.
Dedicated to representing all of the customers we serve, we embrace diversity throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
Ready to explore an exciting career at Eastlink? Your journey begins here.