Lindsay Broadband Inc. currently has an opportunity for a “Wireless Networking Technician” to join our team. The successful candidate will work closely with our design engineers to assist with the development and design testing of Lindsay Broadband’s next generation of Wi-Fi access points and gateway POE products. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly skilled technician to gain broader wireless and system level exposure working on leading products for the Telecommunication Industry.
This is a permanent position located in our Peterborough Ontario manufacturing facility.
- Producing data/specification sheets and Component User Manuals.
- Operation of laboratory CMTS, power meters, test equipment and analyzers
- Assist in system level wireless networking designs using various switches, routers, access points and POE devices.
- Provide networking customer support, answer customer technical questions and assist in achieving customer needs
- Assist in training of testers on the production floor
- Set up test stations and assist in testing of production runs
- Maintain Factory networking components.
Desired Skills, Experiance
- Wi-Fi access point configuration and operation
- Exposure to Mikrotik, Ubiquiti, HP Procurve, Juniper, Meru, Aruba and other Open-WRT based 802.11 AP’s
- Computer and help desk protocols
- Understand schematics and board level components
- Ability to use soldering Iron and make component level repairs
- CAD – Printed circuit board design
- Wireless back-office management and billing configurations
- SNMP and network monitoring
- Professional customer focused communication skills
- Technically adaptive quick learner
- Multi tasked individual to perform a wide variety of duties
Lindsay Broadband is based in Peterborough, Ontario and is a supplier of last mile products to the worldwide Telecommunications Industry. Lindsay's product offering includes hardened wireless access points for strand, tower applications with multiple radios, power options and gateway solutions with PON, DOCSIS, optical and wireless backhaul. Lindsay's RF solutions include MDU, multimedia, line amplifiers, fiber nodes, RFOG nodes, UPS systems, and hard line passives. Lindsay also carries optical solutions with WDM mux/demux optical networks, PON splitters and couplers, SFP's and NEBS/MEF compliant media converters. TOUGH Technology designed and built for the challenges of OSP installations.