Date: Nov 11, 2018
Location: Brampton, ON, CA, L6T 0C1
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Rogers is seeking an Equipment Engineering Specialist reporting to the Manger, Equipment Engineering, GTA Region. This position is based out of our Brampton campus with travel to other GTA offices as required.
The specialist will be accountable for for the Access Network Radio Base Station Equipment Engineering detailed designs for all moves/adds/changes to support capital build programs at over 6000 remote cellular sites. The successful candidate will possess strong communication skills and technical acumen to drives results and have the ability to lead through influence, build strong relationships and work collaboratively with all levels of the organization.
- Pre-engineering for space, power, battery backup, cabling scenario, breakers & fibers panel requirements.
- Prepare and issue Installation Work Orders to install, power-up and connect all equipment at remote base station facilities.
- Hardware forecasts, requisitions and inventory management for base station equipment ( Not Ericsson ).
- Prepare, issue Provisioning Workorders detailing logical transmission assignments to provide Layer 1,2,3 connectivity from Wireless core nodes to remote Wireless base stations.
- Maintain up-to-date database engineering records and approve field modifications to ensure design documentation is current and reflects network image
- Support network implementation, IPRAN OPS-TAC and field operations groups during project execution to ensure integration of optimal design with minimal customer impact
- Provide SAR on request from 3rd party group. ( NOC, Wireline fiber, OPE, ETAC, IPRAN…)
- Manage TND/HLD and IP address assignment for base stations and IP routers.
- Follow up and support SOW outsources on Workorders production.
- Evaluate space & power request for 3rd party equipment installation in Wireless cell sites.
- In design cost request (DCR),
- Obtain preliminary design scenario and requirements from Access planning, Transport planning, RF Engineering.
- Evaluate and compare proposed locations for space, power supply, battery backup requirement and expandability.
- Prepare and Submit completed cost estimate form to requestor PM.
Mandatory Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Network Wireless Engineering role
- Post Secondary education in Engineering and/or Business Administration
- Strong understanding of Telecommunication Engineering Concepts for Wireless cell sites.
- Ability to prioritize effectively and build alignment around what has been prioritized
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting decision making skills
- Superior communication (written and verbal), negotiation and facilitation skills with various audiences.
- Must have the ability to consistently and collaboratively resolve issues, mitigate roadblocks, and align teams.
Leadership Attributes & Other Critical Competencies:
- Extraordinary team player and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where quality, innovation, speed of decision making and execution are critical to organizational success.
- Ability to execute against multiple projects; results-oriented work environment.
- Supports and strengthens the corporate brand and company culture.
- Process oriented problem solver who is able to take high level concepts and ideas and create a story that can connect the business case to the technical work and is able to articulate the benefits and cost effectively.
- Brings a high degree of initiative, is able to work in an ever changing environment, and is able to manage ambiguity and relentless focus on prioritizing and balancing multiple stakeholder goals.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Engineering
Requisition ID: 136002
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.