Date: Mar 13, 2019
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Req Id: 232179
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Position: Website Coordinator, Bell Media
Status: Temporary – Full Time – Contract
Location: 299 Queen Street West
Salary: based on experience
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. Overtime as required
Bell Media is Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio and digital media, including CTV — Canada's #1 television network, and the country's most-watched specialty channels. It is a critical component of Bell’s commitment to leverage strategic investments in broadband networks to offer Canadians the best available content on any of the four screens they choose: television, smartphone, tablet and computer.
The Digital Content team is seeking a highly organized, experienced and engaged Website Coordinator to manage and maintain content that is published across a number of Bell Media sites and apps.
This position will be part of the Bell Media digital entertainment content team, reporting to the Manager, Digital Content, and will work closely with producers, other content coordinators and product managers, in addition to many other stakeholders across Bell Media.
The ideal candidate has a mix of creative, content production and project management skills. This position will see the website coordinator work with internal and external stakeholders to maintain content calendars, manage site updates and juggle multiple projects and priorities, often with competing timelines. With an eye on success metrics, the chosen candidate will be expected to push boundaries and pitch new content ideas, features, campaigns and processes to grow each digital site within their portfolio.
- Daily updates on digital entertainment sites and apps
- Write descriptive metadata for video content catalogue for multiple brands with focus on SEO and discoverability
- Manage digital content inventory and catalogues, create reports and analytics
- Contribute to the editorial as well as manage assets for the day-to-day content features from both internal and external partners
- Champion new concepts for the site(s) and identify new opportunities to broaden the online user experience
- Create promotional content plans and strategies across multiple digital/social platforms
- Working with key stakeholder teams to to ensure all video is aligned with programming priorities, rights and schedules and accurately merchandised across all platforms (including app, web, social/third party sites)
- Create reports from programming inventory database on a regular basis plus ad hoc as requested.
- Send out program schedules to all stakeholders
- Work closely with various internal departments including Creative Agency, Marketing, Communications, digital product and Distribution Marketing.
- Schedule in-app notifications
- Minimum three years of experience in digital media and web production with a focus on entertainment content production
- University or Post-Secondary education in English, Communications or Digital Media preferred
- Experience working with content management systems (CMS) like WordPress, Drupal, Kentico or others
- Excellent organization and project management skill
- Proven understanding and passion for Bell Media television programming as well as entertainment, news, gossip and pop culture content
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Must be self-motivated, able to multi-task and work well within a team
- Strong familiarity with Adobe Photoshop for editing and optimizing images
- Ability to thrive and work in an environment that is fast-paced and demands creativity
- Must be able to execute against challenging timelines and numerous priorities
- Fluency with online communities and social media
- Familiarity with reporting and web analytics
- Experience with video editing software (Final Cut Pro, Premiere) not required but considered an asset
- Familiarity with basic web languages considered an asset (HTML, XML, meta-data, SEO, etc.)
- Familiarity with technical specifications and formats for online video considered an asset
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Non Management
Job Status: Temporary – Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Application Deadline: 03/27/2019
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential.