Date: Nov 10, 2018
Location: Toronto, ON, CA, M4Y 2Y5
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about technology and learning; someone who can push boundaries in interactive design; someone with killer video production skills who can produce learning videos that engage and inspire. You can dazzle your audience with your exceptional graphical abilities as you consider yourself a Photoshop/Illustrator Super Hero. Lastly, you can bring it all to life with ease through animation and e-learning. Sound boring? If not, our Web Instructional Developer role will be the place where you can test your skills and abilities and push them to the next level. At Rogers, we are serious about learning, and we’re building a world-class Design and Development team. If you enjoy working for a team-centric, fast-paced, innovative, and customer-oriented organization, this is a perfect opportunity.
This position is a 12-month contract.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Planning, scripting, shooting, and editing corporate learning videos using commercial video equipment.
- Mentoring other team members to advance their skills in video production and post production.
- Designing and developing rich multimedia content, including audio and video assets, illustrations, animations, and interactive content.
- Designing, building and maintaining online courses using platforms like Xyleme, rapid e-learning authoring tools like Articulate Storyline and animation tools like GoAnimate.
- Loading e-learning courses to the learning management system (LMS), testing for technical correctness and usability, and successfully troubleshooting related technical issues.
- Demonstrating superior technical expertise in web development to help lead the design team into the future.
- Researching new technologies to improve e-learning development processes and standards, and recommending innovative changes to deliver cutting-edge e-learning content.
- Providing constructive input during all phases of the learning design and development process.
- Conducting needs analysis using sound design principles to identify and define training needs.
- Collaborating effectively and enthusiastically with other members of the learning development team and our business clients.
Key skills and experience:
- Three years of experience in end-to-end video production for a corporate audience.
- Three years of experience with responsive web design, mobile learning, and mobile application development.
- Three years of experience and advanced abilities with graphic design and multimedia software, preferably Adobe software (Illustrator, Photoshop, Premier, Animate, Muse) and GoAnimate.
- Experience developing interactive web-based courses using rapid e-learning authoring tools, preferably Articulate Storyline and HTML templates.
- Experience creating robust system simulations.
- Experience developing content leveraging Xyleme or a similar XML based LCMS considered an asset
- Experience in preparing and troubleshooting SCORM/AICC compliant e-learning packages, and working knowledge of SCORM and AICC standards.
- Proven aptitude for and interest in leading-edge development tools and technology.
- University, College or Adult Education Certification or equivalent work experience.
- Strong understanding of the fundaments of graphic design.
- Expertise in user interface design for e-learning course development.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation, project management, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under strict deadlines and extra hours if needed on assignments.
- Some travel may be required.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: 12 Months
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Human Resources & Training Operations
Requisition ID: 137051
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.