Date: Oct 26, 2018
Location: Toronto, ON, CA, M4Y 2Y5
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
The primary responsibility of the Web Encoder Operator is to coordinate the delivery of TV content to various platforms.
Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Encoding content for the web sourcing video from streaming, high speed delivery protocols and tape media to various web digital formats and specifications.
- Coordinating the scheduling of live streaming video feeds and video on demand content to be encoded for web and other platforms.
- Responsible for gathering and implementing the metadata associated with the content.
- Responsible for scheduling, testing, provisioning and all live stream and video on demand content on all web digital platforms including desktop and mobile device peripherals.
- Responsible for testing, monitoring, maintaining and provisioning settings on all streaming hardware encoders to ensure alignment with changing streaming technologies or as requested by senior staff. This is applicable to all video on demand content on streaming platforms including desktop and mobile device peripherals.
- Timely delivery of video assets internal content management systems, networked storage, and public facing video players.
- Testing video playback on all on-demand and live streaming platforms, adjusting payback settings on devices and streaming hardware in order to isolate/resolve technical issues and ensure optimum output of video and audio quality.
- Basic non-linear video editing of content, removal of commercial blacks, joining clips as per necessary. Basic audio and syncing edits.
- Working with cross functional departments to transcode and deliver video ad files to linear set top ad delivery system. Basic video editing of video creative.
- Liaising with Master Control, Air Check and tape library departments to route broadcast feeds and secure content for digital ingest.
- Ensures the application of third party metering signal (BBM) to all processed video assets.
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & TV Operations
Requisition ID: 121922
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.