VP – Regulatory Matters & Development
Execulink Telecom, the largest locally owned independent telecom company in Southwestern Ontario, offers a variety of telecommunication services and multiple network options that allow our customers to benefit from flexible solutions based on their unique requirements, instead of conforming to rigid product offerings. These services are available to all levels of industry, encompassing business, government and residential customers.
Primary location – Woodstock, ON
As the VP – Regulatory Matters & Development, and a member of our Executive Team, you will be the subject matter expert in regulatory matters applicable to the telecommunications and broadcasting industry. You will also provide effective leadership to cross-functional product teams to deliver customer-focused services.
Your responsibilities will include
- Ensure all regulatory decisions are effectively interpreted on how they relate to our business and implement any necessary changes to ensure compliance yet maximize benefits to our company
- Accountable for the preparation and submission of regulatory filings with the CRTC and other government agencies
- Actively participate and build effective relationships with the regulatory committees of our trade associations which presently include ITPA, CCSA and CNOC
- Routinely monitor and maintain a working knowledge of the status of all regulatory decisions and proceedings that impact our business
Research & Development
- Lead product management and development activities including; developing product requirements; concept design and testing of new services; preparing business case justification for new product investments; managing stakeholders; identifying launch strategies; effectively handing off finished product
- Act as the organizations’ key advisor and subject matter expert for all inquiries pertaining to privacy, data security, compliance and health & safety
Qualifications & Skills
- Ten (10) to fifteen (15) years of relevant industry experience, including at least eight (8) years in a management position with increasing levels of responsibility.
- University degree in a relevant Management, Telecommunications or Legal discipline
- Experience in interpreting legislation, regulations, policies and market trends and participate in policy development
- Working knowledge of Federal legislation, Telecommunications Act and the Broadcasting Act
- Superior written and verbal communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated strategy development, critical and strategic thinking abilities with highly honed problems solving and analytical skills
If this opportunity sounds exciting, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with VP – Regulatory Matters & Development in the subject line.