Cable 14 Hamilton requires an outgoing, detail-oriented and focused individual to be responsible for the growth and development of our volunteer program. The Volunteer Coordinator’s responsibilities include recruiting and training new volunteers, keeping a database of volunteer information and skills, matching volunteers to opportunities that suit their skills, keeping volunteers informed, and conveying the organization’s purpose to the public. The Volunteer Coordinator will be the primary point of contact for all volunteer-related activities, including recruitment, training and ongoing evaluation.
The Volunteer Coordinator will be the public-facing face of the Company when guests arrive at the facility and will ensure they are greeted and assisted in a friendly, professional, courteous manner. This role will also include a variety of administrative and clerical tasks, including reception and telephone answering. The candidate will also assist in social media management, production and post-production assignments.
– Provides intake, support, and schedules for Cable 14’s volunteer program.
– Coordinates orientations, training sessions and crew schedules.
– Will coordinate and be the primary point of contact for production volunteers, cooperative education students and intern placements.
-Acts as liaison between production staff and external clients such as high school guidance counsellors.
– Assists in identifying and executing volunteer recruitment activities such as trade shows, speaking engagements, and studio tours.
– Maintain accurate records regarding volunteer recruitment and engagement.
– Generates monthly reports that highlight all volunteer-related activities and work hours.
– Ensure our facility’s efficient and smooth day-to-day operation, including administrative functions such as greeting visitors, answering telephones, and general clerical duties as required.
– Monitoring, executing, filtering and measuring the social media presence of the company.
– Assist in production-related responsibilities as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
– Previous employment experience or education in volunteer management, social media management, or digital media communications.
– Proficiency in Google Workspace applications (Mail, Calendar, Spreadsheets).
– Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
– Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with an outgoing and engaging personality.
– Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask.
– Must possess a valid Class “G” driver’s license and have access to reliable transportation to meet the expectations of the position
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and your current resume no later than 5:00 pm (local time) on Friday, August 27, 2021, by visiting our website at: