Job ID: 11917
Division: News & Information
Work Status: Full Time (Temporary contract)
Location: Global Okanagan – Kelowna
About the Role:
Global Okanagan’s News Department is currently seeking a full time Video Journalist (Group 5) to join our team. This position is part of the Global News team which produces local newscasts 7 – days a week. This position reports directly to the Managing Editor.
The following is a paraphrase of the primary functions, but does not outline all of the duties and responsibilities that may be assigned to this position:
- Generate and craft original stories daily, including breaking news
- Demonstrate strong editorial, visual and communications skills
- Responsible to work on Global Okanagan news, both on-air and online
- Work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong proficiency in story judgment, writing, shooting and editing
- Present live on a variety of platforms, including on-air, webcam, live blogs
- Willingness to travel
- Display highly developed production values and present yourself effectively live and on tape
- Attention to detail
- Other duties as required
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Degree or diploma in Broadcast Journalism
- Television news reporting with ENG experience, including use of a variety of video devices
- Experience in digital journalism, including working with content management systems, online photo and video editing, mobile reporting and producing
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- On-air experience preferred
- Strong leadership, with a high degree of initiative
- News judgment and writing abilities
- Proven track record in original story generation and gathering
- Penchant for probative investigative reporting
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision
- Experience working in an online environment
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by May 1, 2019. Please clearly identify the Job Title and Job ID in the subject line.
Internal candidates must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.