Accessible Media Inc. (AMI) is a not-for-profit multimedia organization operating two broadcast services: AMI-tv and AMI-audio, and a website (AMI.ca). A third broadcast service, AMI-télé, will launch in early 2015. Serving more than five million Canadians who are blind, partially sighted, deaf, hard of hearing, mobility or print restricted, AMI’s mission is to make accessible media for all Canadians.
We are currently looking for a full-time Video Editor to join our Programming & Production team in Toronto. The ideal candidate will create broadcast ready content for distribution on AMI-tv and web platforms by editing video and audio using software tools, and applying AMI’s visual presentation standards and graphics.
Enhance information or entertainment values of productions; present story with maximum effect; enhance video content, programs, interstitials and promotions; set up and operate non-linear editing systems, electronic titling, video switching and digital video effects in order to produce a final product; maintains communication with Producer and supervisor and contributes to the overall team effort.
- College Certificate/Diploma in Broadcast Video or Media Production or equivalent experience
- 5 years experience in the industry
- Knowledge of non Linear Editing system software; Adobe Premiere
- Working knowledge of graphics applications such as Adobe After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator. ]
- General knowledge of audio editing software – Pro-Tools.
- Advanced knowledge of signal routing, scopes, linear editing, and general television operational procedures.
- High proficiency with optimum video and audio levels, quality control, and general television broadcast technical standards
- Works independently and under low supervision.
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional storytelling skills, with ability for idea generation with imagination and creativity.
- Good organizational skills and accurate program time calculation abilities.
- Displays strong attention to detail and factual presentation of information.
- Bilingualism is an asset
Applicants should email their resume and covering letter by email to: email@example.com. Please reference the position title in the subject line of the email.
Accessible Media Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those applicants we plan to invite to a follow-up interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.