Wightman is an award-winning, family-owned and operated facilities based communications company, providing internet, phone, TV, and mobility services to customers across Southwestern Ontario.
Corporate Office in Hanover, Ontario
The Vice President, Technology provides both technical and leadership expertise to manage all aspects of Wightman’s Network Operations. This is a critical role to ensure the company’s values related to network availability, security, performance and support are consistently realized. Wightman’s extensive fibre optic infrastructure is at the core of our successful service delivery to all customers.
Reporting to the President & CEO, you will work directly with the executive team and departmental managers to build an organization that delivers network stability, financial results and long-term organic growth. The Vice President, will develop and implement strategies that will encourage innovation and strategic business development. The incumbent must also ensure that the company remains competitive and well-positioned in the marketplace; promoting a positive and productive culture across the organization.
• Strategic Thinking
• Decision Making
• Dynamic Leadership Ability
• Strong Personal Integrity
• Networking and Relationship Building
• Results Focused
• Service Orientation
• Business Acumen
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
• Oversight of all network infrastructure relative to core service offerings
• Develop and implement strategies that will maintain and improve robustness of growing network
• Drive innovation activities across the network including decisions around future technology roadmap
• Lead the development and execution of strategic planning initiatives including the allocation of resources
• Oversee the front line support of services provided over the network
• Devise and deploy goals and objectives, including the preparation of specific targets, budgets and strategies
• Report and share information with stakeholders including Board of Directors and Executive Leadership to ensure they are kept up-to-date on past, current, and predicted network performance and requirements
• Collaborate with the executive team to develop short- and long-term strategic plans, including the preparation of annual business plans
• Attract, retain, develop and motivate staff leveraging Wightman’s Vison, Mission and Values
• Duties as noted above are intended as representation of the role, other duties may be required
The ideal candidate is energetic, intelligent and enthusiastic; a business professional of high integrity that can accommodate and accelerate change within a growth oriented environment. He or she must be capable of being a team leader who is proficient in delivering effective and timely results.
• Bachelor’s degree from a 4 year university or college program in computer science, information systems or software engineering is a requirement with advanced degrees considered an asset
• 10+ years of leadership experience in IT gained within a growing, fast-paced industry
• Telecom industry experience is considered an asset
• Extensive experience with network design and architecture, maintenance and support
• Demonstrated experience in Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) in aligning IT goals with the needs of the business.
• Has a proven track record in effectively building, organizing, developing & mentoring high-performance teams
• Outstanding consultative abilities; able to work with a wide range of people at all decision-making levels
• Embrace a continuous improvement mindset; focused on efficiency and opportunity to drive revenue and increase EBITDA
• Strong relationship building, negotiating, and closing skills; direct, yet diplomatic.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Strong problem identification and issue resolution skills
• Open, honest and respectful; will fit in an environment that has embraced a strong sense of loyalty, pride and accountability
We offer attractive compensation package that includes a comprehensive benefits program.
Specific details of compensation will be discussed with prospective candidates as part of the interview process.
In order to be considered for this opportunity, please forward your resume and accompanying cover letter to the attention of:
HR Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission must be received by 4:00pm on Wednesday December 22, 2021.
Wightman is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all that express interest in joining our team however only those candidates selected will be contacted regarding additional assessment stages.