Vice President, Customer Care & Acquisition
Location: Wightman, Corporate Office in Clifford, Ontario
Wightman is an award-winning, family-owned and operated communications company, providing internet, phone, TV, and mobility services to customers across Southwestern Ontario.
The Vice President, Customer Care & Acquisition is primarily responsible for all customer facing interactions and external communication across all mediums. Reporting to the President & CEO, you will work directly with the executive team and departmental managers, to build an organization that delivers financial results and long-term organic growth.
Portfolio departments of the Vice President include: customer care contact centre, technical support, field operations, sales and marketing functions. This individual will ensure that highly productive relationships are maintained with customers for the benefit of Wightman.
The Vice President, will develop and implement strategies that will encourage innovation and strategic business development. The incumbent must also ensure that the company remains competitive and well-positioned in the marketplace; promoting a positive and productive culture across the organization.
Core Competencies :
• Strategic Thinking
• Decision Making
• Dynamic Leadership Ability
• Strong Personal Integrity
• Networking and Relationship Building
• Results Focused
• Service Orientation
• Business Acumen
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
• Develop and implement strategies that will encourage sales innovations and strategic business development
• Lead the evaluation of request-for-proposal (RFP) opportunities; directing preparation and submission of documentation for those selected for response
• Authorize framework for customer quotes & agreements; negotiate as necessary relevant to the scope of opportunity with key accounts while ensuring company profitability
• Review for approval from a sales perspective the proposed equipment solutions to meet sales opportunities
• Oversee the study of market research to determine consumer demand, competitive landscape, potential sales volumes, and the effect of competitors’ operations on sales
• Maintain quality customer service by designing and implementing standards; training; monitoring performance; and evaluating outcomes
• Devise and deploy sales & marketing goals and objectives across the organization, including the preparation of specific targets, budgets and marketing strategies
• Report and share information with stakeholders including Board of Directors and Executive Leadership to ensure they are kept up-to-date on past, current, and predicted sales performance and customer relations
• Collaborate with the executive team to develop short- and long-term strategic plans, including the preparation of annual business plans
• Integrate and align sales strategies for existing products & services; as well provide oversight to product management in general including the introduction of new products & services
• Direct programs and strategies regarding sales commissions
• Serve as escalation point for customer issues that require executive level involvement
• Departmental oversight that ensures goals are achieved through performance management as well as the adherence to company policies and procedures
• Conduct analysis to establish targets, then manage sales performance against corporate objectives and market developments
• Attract, retain, develop and motivate staff leveraging Wightman’s Vison, Mission and Values
• Travel as required including attendance at events, customers and other Wightman locations
• Duties as noted above are intended as representation of the role, other duties may be required
The ideal candidate is energetic, intelligent and enthusiastic; a business professional of high integrity that can accommodate and accelerate change within a growth oriented environment. He or she must be capable of being a team leader who is proficient in delivering effective and timely results.
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, sales, or a related field is required
• 10+ years of leadership experience gained within a growing, fast-paced, services industry
• Telecom industry experience is considered an asset
• Possess a broad range of experience across all aspects of customer service, sales & growth strategies, marketing, account management and business planning
• Has a proven track record in effectively building, organizing, developing & mentoring high-performance teams
• Outstanding consultative abilities; able to work with a wide range of people at all decision-making levels
• Embrace a continuous improvement mindset; focused on efficiency and opportunity to drive revenue and increase EBITDA
• Experience interpreting and managing to performance data to drive results within the dynamic customer facing areas of the organization; KPI measures
• Strong relationship building, negotiating, and closing skills; direct, yet diplomatic.
• Direct, hands-on approach to understanding and overcoming business challenges through a persuasive and collaborative nature
• Experience in developing and owning department budgets and forecasts
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Demonstrated knowledge of marketing and advertising theories and practices
• Ability to attend and conduct both internal & external presentations; represent the company at industry and community events
• A resilient leader and team player that manages in a participatory style; leads by example to set the standard for teams to ensure goals are met or exceeded
• Strong problem identification and issue resolution skills
• Open, honest and respectful; will fit in an environment that has embraced a strong sense of loyalty, pride and accountability
To explore this opportunity further please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to be considered for this opportunity, please forward your resume and accompanying cover letter to the attention of: HR Administrator at email@example.com
Submission must be received by 4:00pm on Friday August 28, 2020.
Wightman is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all that express interest in joining our team, however, only those candidates selected will be contacted regarding additional assessment stages.