Find opportunity and adventure in Canada’s North!
At Northwestel, we're driven by a common vision of a highly connected North where every Northern Canadian can prosper and thrive. We're getting there by delivering the most innovative communications solutions for the North.
Join the Northwestel team and enjoy a unique balance of rewarding work and the extraordinary lifestyle that awaits you and your family in the North!
We know there’s more to your decision about where you work than just the work itself. Along with a professional and fulfilling work environment, you’ll enjoy competitive pay, team incentive plan, comprehensive benefit program and a commitment to ongoing professional development.
Discover the North by Northwestel, meet our people, and hear their stories on our website or on Instagram(northbynwtel).
We are seeking a permanent Vice President, Consumer Markets located in Whitehorse, YT.
The Vice President Consumer Markets, reports to the Chief Operations Officer (COO) and is responsible for the delivery of telecommunications services to the residential market in northern Canada. The position maintains an awareness of; the external and internal competitive landscape, opportunities for expansion, customers, markets and new industry developments and standards.
The position supports five direct reports and overall team of 165. This leader has accountability for Product Management, Residential Marketing, Corporate Communications, Business Intelligence, and customer-facing functions (Retail and Call Centres). This senior leadership position is a member of the Northwestel Executive team and has significant interaction with the public and key stakeholders in the community.
This will be accomplished through:
· Formulating and implementing the residential and small business strategic plan that guides Northwestel, including product development, marketing communications, and channel strategies.
· Leading, engaging, coaching and developing team within the Consumer Markets organization to deliver on the annual business plan, the building of capacity within their teams, and the development of long term strategic plans.
· Championing new product introduction in the residential segment, including broadband, television, and voice services to meet or exceed revenue targets.
· Using feedback and statistics from business intelligence function to develop strategies to improve residential customer satisfaction and reduce customer churn.
· Enhancing relationships in the community, with key business and government leaders and build community leadership capacity as part of general executive accountabilities.
· Leading health and safety activities across the Consumer Markets division to ensure job practices and procedures evolve to exceed applicable legislation.
· Partnering with Human Resources to develop and implement strategies for recruitment, retention and succession planning on the team. Responsible for talent management and succession planning for the Consumer Markets team.
· Acting as spokesperson and help coordinate external communications for network outages and emergencies.
· Evolving Northwestel’s external image through evolution of web, social media and public relations campaigns.
· Developing and monitoring appropriate key performance indicators and benchmark with best performance practices for retail operations and call centres. Implement strategies to improve performance when it is below target.
· Ensuring that daily operational practices exceed customer and regulatory commitments.
What you will need be successful in this role:
1. Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or marketing.
2. Minimum of 10 years’ progressive leadership experience.
3. Excellent leadership and strategic thinking skills are paramount.
4. Exceptional people leader with demonstrated skills to attract, develop and engage talent across various geographic locations and work styled environments.
5. Strong presentation, project management, change management, analytical and interpersonal skills.
6. Outstanding business acumen with the ability to anticipate and develop strategies in a rapidly evolving telecommunication industry.
7. Ability to think strategically and act tactically.
8. Commitment to ongoing learning, growth and development.
9. Post graduate degree and experience in the Canadian telecommunications industry (an asset).
What we offer you:
- Health & Wellness Benefits
- Team Incentive Plan & Discounts
- Generous vacation and a vacation travel allowance
- Work-life balance
- Community involvement
Whitehorse is home to some of the most spectacular scenery in Canada. Few cities in the world offer such rich access to pristine wilderness, yet still provide all the amenities of a modern metropolis. Whitehorse offers a thriving arts community, good restaurants and outdoor lifestyle. The easy access to trails, rivers, lakes and mountains are what will make this northern city so unique. Whitehorse is home to a bustling community of 27,000 people, many of whom are young, active, and adventurous. Whitehorse is nestled on the banks of the Yukon River surrounded by the peaks of Grey Mountain, Haeckel Hill, and Golden Horn Mountain. The pristine lakes and rivers provide year-round activities. The easy access to the great outdoors, makes Whitehorse one of the best cities in Canada in which to live and work. There are several airlines servicing the area Air North/ Air Canada and West Jet as well as being highly accessible by car, and RV.
How to apply:
Please visit Northwestel’s Job board and create a Candidate Profile. https://rt11.ultipro.ca/NOR5000/JobBoard/ListJobs.aspx?__vt=ExtCan
Select the position you would like to apply on and then choose “apply on line”. Or fax your cover letter and resume to 867-668-3236, before the closing date.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Aboriginal peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Aboriginal person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.