Do you love TV? Do you live in a world of GRP’s, reach, frequency, and time spent? Do you work in an agency and wonder what the other side looks like? Corus Entertainment has an exciting new opportunity for you. If you have a passion for planning and love TV, we encourage you to apply.
Work Status: Full Time
About the Role:
Reporting to the Manager, TV Marketing Inventory, you will be responsible for developing, implementing, tracking, and optimizing our on-air TV campaigns.
- Develop and implement strategic on-air promotion campaign plans following the audience and accelerated flow strategy
- Maintain promo inventory to ensure the right inventory is available to execute campaigns
- Participate and execute campaign planning ensuring optimal reach, frequency and GRP levels
- Build campaigns to drive optimal program launch and episodic ratings and AMA
- Actively participate in television campaign planning with Content/Marketing in support of television networks, brands, and programming
- Have a strong understanding of the variety of Network Marketing plans and understand their business objectives
- Train coordinators on how to implement audience flow strategy
- Train and Implement ACCELERATE FLOW on all nets thru VIZRT
- Work with Sr. Manager to train coordinators on Network Brands and Brand Strategy
- Oversee VOD promo strategy scheduling
- Attend Marketing Cross Functional meetings (when available)
- Ensure cross promotion is being executed
- Liaise with Creative Agency for delivery of new assets and on-air elements
- Daily log check on key priority networks (as assigned by Sr. Manager)
- Use S4M scheduling system to train team on how to strategically schedule and maintain promotions
- Work with Marketing to assess promotional opportunities
- Oversee on-air secondary events strategy (network bugs, lower thirds, hashtags, etc.)
- Report on campaign goals (reach, frequency, GRP) and delivery against identified target markets
- Report on PSA placement and values
- Other duties as assigned
What We Need From You:
- 3-5 years in TV Planning, Broadcast Marketing and/or On-Air Promotions experience
- Undergraduate degree in Radio/TV/Film/Communications or equivalent work experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Fully computer literate (Word, Excel, Internet, E-mail, etc.)
- Previous S4M scheduling experience is an asset
- Ability to interpret research data on a basic level
- Ability to learn and assimilate new computer technology with ease
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- Effective communication skills with both co-workers and senior management
- Self-motivated team player with a strong creative, planning and strategic mindset
- Passion for television and technology trends
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Media_Agency_Careers@corusent.com by October 26, 2018.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.