Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 137 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading communications company, we’re committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Bell Media is Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio and digital media, including CTV — Canada's #1 television network, and the country's most-watched specialty channels. It is a critical component of Bell’s commitment to leverage strategic investments in broadband networks to offer Canadians the best available content on any of the four screens they choose: television, smartphone, tablet and computer.
Position: Trainer, Affiliate Sales
Reports To: Affiliate Sales Manager
Location: 9 Channel Nine Court, Scarborough, ON
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. Overtime as required
- Sales Planning and Management
- Serve as primary point of contact for all of Bell Media TV services with BDU call centre partners across the country.
- Must demonstrate knowledge to successfully conduct sales training, including effective sales skills, overcoming objections, new hire training, side by side coaching for Team Leads and Managers and provide an engaging learning environment for all sales agents; including Direct Call Centre agents, Online agents, Field agents and Retail agents.
- Manage monthly sales training schedules, incentive hype/plans, individual site performance and communications.
- Must be able to “win the hearts and minds” of the sales agents, as well as the confidence and respect of the management staff.
- Must be a team player, able to communicate and work effectively with Bell Media Affiliate Sales and Marketing teams.
- Must be able to handle an extensive travel schedule, up to 80% of total work hour and work independently.
- Must be able to work with each call centre supervisor on agent performance and provides timely and specific training as needed.
- Provide daily feedback to the Sale Manager on the progress of all training programs.
- Provide post mortem on ad hoc incentive programs
- Provide support and training to BDU specific events, ie sales conference, roadshows, home shows, reward program events
- Continuously evaluate training materials, including PowerPoint presentations, Prezi, sales materials, handouts and tools (Intranet) that are currently in use and/or provided by clients.
- Must demonstrate maturity and leadership abilities.
- Demonstrate organizational skills by maintaining update client data base i.e. changes to sites primes, new hires, number of staff etc.
- 2+ years of sales training experience is preferred.
- University/College degree in related field.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills.
- Looking for charm, poise, confidence, and a genuine preference for a team approach.
- Must be creative, highly organized, and conscientious on follow-through.
- Cable and/or Satellite industry experience is preferred.
- Position primarily field based, with up to 70% travel (local and out of town)
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Bilingual English/French is an asset
- Proficient using MS Word, Prezi, Excel and Outlook and other common or related software/applications
- Must have a driver’s license
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Position Type: Non Management
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Application Deadline: 11/08/2017
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.