The Broadcast Traffic Manager is responsible for implementing and managing processes, and coordinating and providing support, for broadcast traffic related to the company’s television stations. This entails the dissemination of commercial materials and scheduling instructions for broadcasters. The Broadcast Traffic Manager will act as a conduit between all applicable departments and broadcast operations to ensure a successful on-air execution of promotion and advertising content.
Primary job duties and responsibilities:
• Provide scheduling instructions for the channel
• Direct the booking of all orders into the traffic system
• Assess ongoing systems, operational and servicing needs of broadcast traffic to maintain industry service standards
• Interact routinely with the Director of Advertising Sales and Marketing to create special packaging of media and exceed. stated revenue budget goals
• Act as a liaison with all departments to coordinate and manage the flow of information as it relates to implementing each campaign
• Work closely with the Director of Advertising Sales and Marketing.
• Manage broadcast logs and generate reports of broadcast traffic, including daily reconciliation.
• Troubleshoot broadcast traffic issues
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• 3 to 4 years of traffic experience
• A working knowledge of traffic systems is desired.
• Ability to keep a “bird’s eye view” on multiple deadlines and campaigns simultaneously.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Meticulously detail-oriented.
• Goal oriented, flexible and creative under pressure.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Hours of work: 40 hours per week. Overtime and shift work as required
Bilingualism is an asset (English and Spanish)
Please send CV & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org