Gusto TV (www.gustotv.com), Canada’s new food and lifestyle channel is growing – and we’re looking for media professionals to join our exceptionally talented and motivated team.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for two full-time positions – one at our Toronto office, and one at our Ottawa office.
1. Traffic and Sales Coordinator(Based in Toronto)
The Traffic and Sales Coordinator will support the smooth operation of Gusto TV’s traffic department, master control and advertising sales team.
Booking of sales orders, including confirmation to buyer and sales rep
Coordinate delivery/receipt of creative and copy instructions so as to ensure timely and accurate airing
Secure Telecaster numbers for all commercial spots
Generate regular management reports on sales bookings and activity
Maintain/update contact lists
Coordinate changes and provide necessary information and guidance to colleagues and clients
Perform reconciliation of traffic logs and “as run” reports
Complete “post” analysis and reports
Provide assistance and support to Traffic Manager in preparation of logs and reporting
Other related duties as assigned
3+ years in traffic or sales support role in a broadcast organization
Post-secondary degree or diploma
Proficiency with broadcast traffic software (e.g. SDS, Wide Orbit, Pilat, Broadview)
Familiarity with audience research tools, methods and software
Self starter with outstanding organizational and time management skills
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Ability to proactively problem solve and build and maintain excellent client relationships
2. Marketing and P.R. Coordinator (Based in Ottawa) (non-bilingual position)
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, this role is the key point person for media relations, audience relations and earned media. Primary responsibilities include:
Earned media and media relations
- Develop and maintain/update media contacts database
- Foster relationships with key media and blogger contacts across the country
- Initiate, plan and coordinate public relations initiatives and events
- Coordinate preparation and distribution of press releases and marketing support materials
- Media monitoring and coverage tracking reports
- Carry out research on industry trends, content and audience including competitive research
- Field enquiries and FAQs from audience members
- Develop/draft responses to questions and support viewer engagement
- Coordinate contests and audience promotions
- 3+ years in a communications/marketing or related role
- Media relations/editorial experience
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Marketing, Communications or a related field
- Expert knowledge of social media
- Excellent interpersonal and communication/writing skills
- Proficiency with word processing and presentation software
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Experience in a media environment, knowledge of graphic design/printing process and familiarity with online media monitoring/analytics tools and analytics would be assets in this role
Please send your resume and cover letter citing salary expectations to:
Human Resources, Gusto TV
Deadline: February 4, 2014
Gusto TV values the importance of a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
While we appreciate all expressions of interest, we can only respond to those candidates who will be interviewed.
About Gusto TV
Gusto TV (www.gustotv.com) is Canada’s new food and lifestyle channel. The multiplatform HD service offers viewers prime time cooking shows every evening – featuring some of the highest rated series from around the world, never before seen in Canada. During the day, Gusto TV airs fun and exciting lifestyle shows. Gusto TV is an independent, privately owned Ottawa-based company, founded by industry veteran Chris Knight.
Knight is known for innovative and highly stylized culinary and lifestyle programming, publishing and merchandising, as head of Knight Enterprises, one of Canada’s most successful independent media production companies. Its award winning TV series include Cook Like a Chef, License to Grill, Edible Roadshow, and This Food That Wine, seen in more than 170 countries worldwide.