Reporting to the Telephony Manager, the Telephony Specialist will partner with CityWest’s different lines of businesses to quickly turn strategy into action across a number of strategic, operational and transformational technology initiatives. We are looking for an individual with Telephony PBX background and IP Data, business analysis and critical thinking skills who can support both short and long term technology planning, analysis and implementation.
- Manages customer relationships to ensure projects and technology products are delivered and exceed stakeholder satisfaction
- Manages vendor relationships to ensure that hardware and support requirements are meet
- Identifies opportunities to constantly improve the quality of thinking applied to CityWest business and technology (IP Data, Internet, Cable, TV & Telephony)
- Examines and reviews current business processes and makes recommendations for performance improvements
- Implements new and legacy products and services subsequent to CityWest’s goals and objectives
- Identifies and addresses gaps in service delivery, establishing new policies and procedures as required
- Manages and supports both IP Data and Telephone technology in theory and hands-on capability
- Understanding of Telecommunications Service Provider industry
- 5 years experience in the telecommunications industry
- Demonstrated knowledge of IP Data and Telephone system physical infrastructure design, engineering and implementation including, managed services, call-out support and emergency service restoration
- Demonstrated success in change management and organizational transformation
- Ability to apply project management methodologies and tools to plan and execute projects
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to build and support telephone systems such as Nortel, Mitel, Avaya or Metaswitch PBX system, Hosted PBX and Voice Over IP (VoIP).
- Strong analytical skills and a demonstrated propensity to establish process and service standards
- Fibre, coax and copper plant knowledge and experience
- Excellent problem-solving and decision making skills with the ability to base decision-making on sound analysis
- Ability to work effectively with cross functional teams at all levels of the organization
- Understand current state design/configuration (or future state needs if none exists) and coordinate the development of a cohesive technical solution delivery estimate of the proposed solution that supports business needs while integrating all necessary solution components to effect the desired change
- Understand which potential applications/technology solutions would require change in order to satisfy a change in the business requirements for a solution
- Strong customer relationship management skills
- Minimum 5 years of equivalent business experience
- Telco experience
- 5 or more years related experience in Information Technology (IP, DATA, Voice, TV and Telephony).
- 5+ years designing and developing technology solutions for IT/Business projects of varying complexity and global scope, translating business requirements to deliver technical solutions
- 5+ years’ experience with Cisco/Juniper/Nortel technologies for LAN, WAN, and design and support interaction with voice and video platforms.
- 5 years’ experience in complimentary network solutions that enhance routing, service optimization, security, and redundancy.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and isolate impactful network issues with the capability to quickly focus on a plan for response and resolution. Expertise in problem resolution and identification for service improvement.
- Cisco or Juniper and Meta/Nortel/Avaya certification will be an asset
- Able to re-locate to the beautiful place of Terrace in northern British Columbia
To apply for this position, submit a résumé and cover letter to the attention of Human Resources at email@example.com
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, but we will only be contacting short-listed candidates for interviews.