Lakeland Networks is looking for an energetic, positive, and innovative individual to join our team to assist with the planning and designing of our fibre optic and wireless broadband networks. With only a short commute to work, and an ideal work-life balance you’ll get to work, play and enjoy everything beautiful Muskoka has to offer, all while working in a challenging, exciting and complex environment.
• Design and plan overhead and underground FTTH infrastructure
• Work with engineering contractors to design and permit joint use pole attachments.
• Obtain Permits from Municipal authorities, railways, etc. for the installation / maintenance of overhead and underground telco infrastructure.
• Perform construction verification on completed work and prepare as built drawings.
• Work with private road associations to register easements allowing fibre optic expansion.
• Develop, maintain, and implement data models for telecommunications allowing for accurate representation of real-world assets.
• Design new fibre optic & wireless build routes, estimate construction costs and predicted revenue, develop scope of work documents for contractor quoting and construction.
• Monitor technological developments and be on the lookout for development opportunities
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience
• Graduation from a related University/College program
• Previous telecommunications experience is a definite asset.
• Experience using ESRI ArcGIS software suite.
• Understanding of directional drill, vibrational plow, excavator operations and general civil / telecommunication construction techniques
• Understanding of pole line construction.
• Knowledge of overhead construction standards – pole loading, ground clearances, separations from conductors, limits of approach, etc. (ESA 22/04)
• Data entry, Excel, Access
• Self-motivated worker with strong attention to accuracy and detail
Please submit a detailed cover letter with salary expectations and a resume to Taylor Servos (firstname.lastname@example.org) by March 21st 2021.