Gatineau, QC (5 min from Ottawa)
TekSavvy has been proudly serving Canadians reliable telecom services for 20 years and has won numerous awards for the quality of its experience and for its commitment to fighting for and upholding consumers' rights online. With its main offices in Chatham, Ontario and Gatineau, Quebec, TekSavvy is Canada’s largest independent telecom service company with over 300,000 customers from coast to coast.
We’re looking for a junior lawyer to join TekSavvy’s busy Legal, Regulatory & Public Policy (LRPP) department, to have a special focus on contracts and consumer law matters. Acting under the direction and supervision of the SVP, Legal Affairs and other senior members of the LRPP team, you will (as needed):
- Review and negotiate various commercial agreements;
- Draft plain-language downstream template agreements for TekSavvy’s business and wholesale services teams;
- Draft consumer and consumer-facing agreements, communications, and policies in a clear, no-nonsense manner;
- Provide marketing support, contest review, and ad-copy review;
- Provide day-to-day practical legal support and advice for operations and our business- and wholesale-services teams;
- Perform legal and regulatory research and tasks;
- Support internal clients and senior members of the LRPP team on other legal, regulatory, government relations, administrative, operations, and other projects.
- You are curious and naturally interested in people, business, telecommunications, and technology;
- You give responsive, pragmatic advice while keeping our customers’ needs in mind;
- You are organized and extremely detail-oriented (and would eagerly update our charts, lists, playbooks, and templates – and even create some additional useful tools);
- You are approachable, enjoy building relationships with internal teams and external parties, and you are a great communicator;
- You can identify issues, gather necessary facts and information with persistence and creativity, and can clearly explain legal and business risks to managers;
- You remain calm while effectively and diplomatically managing competing tasks and projects, especially when expectations, priorities, and requirements change without notice;
- You show initiative, offering assistance to internal clients and senior team members, pitching in without being asked while working as a team player and keeping your legal colleagues in the loop;
- You are responsive to feedback, comfortable with sometimes being uncomfortable, and perpetually learning; and
- You are confident enough to quickly and independently learn about a new issue or area of law before pulling in more senior staff.
- An LL.B. or J.D. and membership in the Law Society of Ontario in good standing;
- At least one year of post-call legal experience reviewing and drafting contracts (preferred);
- Legal research experience;
- A keen interest in contracts, telecommunications, privacy, and consumer law;
- Excellent written and spoken English (You write quickly, clearly, and using plain-language appropriate for your audience – whether it is in a contract, customer agreement, or advising on legal risks);
- Proficiency in French (preferred); and
- The ability to travel as needed from time to time.
Apply at https://teksavvy.com/en/why-teksavvy/company/careers Please address your cover letter to Natasha Ell Saunders, Senior VP, Legal Affairs and include your resume and one writing sample (length and content don’t matter, surprise us). In your re: line write LEGAL COUNSEL (Gatineau, Québec). Please also explain why you’re interested in TekSavvy and why you like contracts and consumer law.