Position Overview: TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST
This role will support the TELUS Integrated Solutions Delivery team provide Cisco Voice solutions to our customers.The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for providing expert and professional technical consulting directly to TELUS customers in the functional assessment, planning, design, and training of Cisco and TELUS Hosted solutions.
The ability to analyze all-encompassing customer situations, consider alternative solutions, apply sound judgment, and make appropriate decisions will be required. You will be responsible for delivering a comprehensive and robust suite of voice services across all business customer segments.
In addition, support the leadership team in meeting the organization objectives of regional empowerment, central governance and strategy, in order to provide an integrated national delivery model.
Please note that some travel will be required throughout Ontario on an as needed basis. The majority of work is in the Toronto area but you may be required to travel outside the GTA.
Please note: This role is open in Toronto/GTA.
- Responsible for working with the account teams in developing client solutions in support of sale proposals
- Required to lead and mentor other team members in meeting the customer expectations
- Conduct discovery meetings to assist sales in qualifying opportunities
- Conduct customer needs analyses to identify business and technical issues
- Develop conceptual and comprehensive functional design documentation, which meets customer’s business requirements
- Phone Training up to 10 to 20 users in person and remote via WEBEX.
- Must be able to add/remove/change users, devices, and profiles, mailboxes, menus
Ability to train intermediate and advanced technical sessions to business customers based on their specific design implementation
- Provide technical expertise to evaluate and interpret customer requirements to determine appropriate application design. This includes developing call flow diagrams
- Utilize existing quote tools such as CUCM, CUC, CUCME to configure solutions
- Support the project team in a systems analyst role to ensure successful project completion and works with Design Engineer to deliver fully functional system to customer
Feature/function testing with customers, in person and remote
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) / Cisco Unity Connection (CUC) / Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express (CUCME) – Advanced
- Familiar with BAT templates, create, modify and use
- Uploading user, and device configurations in bulk
- Troubleshooting any configuration discrepancies
- Knowledge of Station Review process including design of End-User /Voicemail/Call Handlers/Unified Messaging
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Resourceful, customer focused individual to work as part of a team on large projects
- Business aware and able to drive Business benefits through the use of technology
- Strong technical consulting skills to determine customer requirements
- Superior knowledge of the telecommunication industry and its products and services
- Work within a team environment to address deployment and configuration issues
- Responsible for working on multiple projects simultaneously as directed by management
- Proven ability to liaise with customers with the goal of effectively working with systems, building customer knowledge
- Regularly required to provide consultation to other projects on one’s area of expertise
- Ability and acumen to provide application training and knowledge transfers to customers
- Ability to secure Government of Canada level 2 security clearance and other government clearances as required
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and monitor a significant number of projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate in French would be an asset
Required Professional Designation/Certification:
- College or University Degree in Computer Science (or related field experience)
- Cisco accreditations CCNA / CCNP would be an asset
- 3-5 years hands on experience with Cisco Unified Communications Manager/Cisco Unity Connection/Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?