Do you have exceptional broadcast technical and production skills and enjoy working in an energized, dynamic environment? Can you ensure all production equipment is performing at peak-efficiency, and lead challenging projects with others as part of a team of broadcast professionals? If this job sounds like the perfect match for you, then Cable 14 invites you to join our Broadcast Operations team in the role of Technical Producer (Lead Hand).
With a minimum five (5) years of professional experience, this full-time permanent position will put your technical knowledge and creativity to the test. You’ll ensure that format, technical and regulatory standards for our programming are maintained and assume a leadership role in the development, delivery and implementation of new infrastructure.
We’re looking for a team player that can ensure that our television equipment, vehicles and facilities are adequately maintained to meet production commitments and deadlines. The successful candidate will be knowledgeable regarding signal delivery, equipment operations and will have above-average trouble-shooting skills.
- Takes an active role in content production, with the ability to produce high-quality, locally relevant programming and providing on-site technical support for studio and mobile productions as assigned
- Assume a leadership role in the design, maintenance and development of best-use practices for all broadcast facilities
- Ensures that equipment, vehicles and facilities are adequately and safely maintained in order to meet production commitments and deadlines
- Ensures that format, technical and regulatory standards are maintained and developed as required
- Develop and maintain full knowledge of all production equipment and develops training programs for production staff and volunteers
- Functions as the primary back-up to the Technical and Operations Network Supervisor when required
- Accountable and responsible for the Health and Safety of staff, volunteers and guests while on location in accordance with Company Health and Safety policies and procedures. Contributes to on-going policy development, training and information gathering.
- Post-Secondary Education in Broadcasting with a minimum of five (5) years practical experience in a production or engineering-support roles
- Highly self-motivated and creative, with superior time and demonstrated project management skills
- Thrives in an environment with minimal supervision, where the delivery of exceptional results is the expectation
- Highly skilled in studio and mobile production elements, including safely driving, positioning and set-up of the mobile production truck
- Superior knowledge of all production equipment including video switchers, audio boards, lighting, computers and graphic units, along with ENG/EFP camera and non-linear editing systems
- Strong broadcast technical and I.T. background including real-world experience in trouble-shooting, maintaining and repairing networks and equipment both on-location and in-studio
- The ability to read and interpret CAD designs and schematics would be considered an asset
- Willing to work shifts, including evenings and weekends and to operate under the Labour Canada Averaging Permit
- Valid Class G license with excellent driving and workplace safety records
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and your current resume no later than 5:00pm (local time) on MARCH 15, 2017 by visiting our website at: