Eastlink has held the designation as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies for twelve consecutive years by delivering world-class video entertainment and communications services to residential, business and public sector customers across Canada. Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and wireless networks, Eastlink’s advanced services include Internet, wireless, TV, telephone, security and automation, data communications and exclusive, locally-produced programming on Eastlink TV. Headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada – Eastlink is the largest privately owned telecommunications Company in Canada with an employee base of nearly 1600 individuals.
About the Job
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Technical Producer will be responsible for ensuring all production equipment and facilities are in proper working condition for high quality television productions. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of television signals and possess a passion for technology.
- Assure the proper operation of assigned production facilities and resources.
- Responsible for full set-up and tear-out of mobile productions, which includes coordination of crew during this process.
- Maintain production facilities and equipment.
- Contribute to new equipment evaluation.
- Ensure compliance, and take leading role, in Health and Safety Standards.
- Perform production duties as assigned.
- Provide maintenance support for Master Control facility.
- Manage special projects as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a related field.
- Post secondary diploma in television broadcasting an asset.
- Valid driver’s license, with excellent driving and workplace safety record.
- Experience with technical support for Avid systems an asset.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Experience with video servers an asset.
- Flexibility with hours.
- Reliable transportation.
Eastlink brings you technology in a way that people would want it. We work hard to provide the best products - Internet, TV, Wireless, Telephone, and Security and Automation - to keep our customers connected to the things and people that matter most. By putting our customers and their needs at the centre of it all we can show them something special and provide a unique brand experience.
We are extermely proud of our employees and believe that the best people make the best companies. As we continue to grow, our goal is to continue to attract the best people.
Ready to explore an exciting career with Eastlink? Your journey begins here.
Dedicated to representing all of the customers we serve, we embrace diversity throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.