Halifax, Nova Scotia
Eastlink has held the designation as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies for nine consecutive years by delivering world-class video entertainment and communications services to residential, business and public sector customers across Canada. Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and wireless networks, Eastlink’s advanced services include internet, wireless, TV, telephone, security and automation, data communications and exclusive, locally-produced programming on Eastlink TV. Headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada – Eastlink is the largest privately owned telecommunications Company in Canada with an employee base of nearly 1600 individuals.
Eastlink is currently seeking a Technical Manager to lead an experienced in-field technical team in Halifax, Nova Scotia. The ideal candidate is required to reside in or be willing to re-locate to this area.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Technical Manager will be responsible for the allocation and direction of technical resources, the operation and maintenance of the Eastlink system from head-end to the customer set as well as the health and safety of employees in the field. In this leadership role, the Technical Manager will have proven success in motivating employees to maintain high levels of performance and will have proven abilities to facilitate change along with providing leadership and direction when faced with technical issues. Other responsibilities include participation in the budget processes for the branch and completing other projects as required.
- Graduate of an accredited institute in an electrical or electronic discipline or equivalent experience;
- Minimum 3 years of previous management experience, leadership experience within a unionized environment would be beneficial;
- Ability to motivate employees to improve and maintain high levels of performance standards;
- Strong technical aptitude;
- Familiarity with system design for Hybrid Fibre Coax Networks;
- Proven ability in managing multiple projects while working within a fast-paced deadline driven environment;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Effective skills in solving, anticipating, preventing technical problems;
- Exceptional communication and analytical skills;
- Valid provincial driver’s license coupled with an excellent driving and workplace safety record;
- Must be flexible and have a commitment to providing excellent customer service.
Eastlink is focused on creating an environment which promotes individual growth and career satisfaction. Creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and innovation drive us. We’re looking for people who have the passion for our business, our values and want to go above and beyond for our customers every day.
Dedicated to representing all of the customers we serve, we embrace diversity throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
If you’re ready to take on this exciting opportunity, please apply online on or before March 14, 2016.