Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and wireless networks, Eastlink delivers world-class video entertainment and communications services to residential, business and public sector customers across Canada. As one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 11 consecutive years, Eastlink provides high speed Internet, wireless, TV, telephone, security and automation, data communications and exclusive, locally-produced programming. Headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Eastlink is the largest privately owned telecommunications Company in Canada with an employee base of over 1500 team members.
Eastlink is currently seeking a Technical Manager to coach an experienced in-field technical team based in Yarmouth, Nova Scotia. In this role you will provide leadership oversight focused on helping our technically-savvy technicians deliver an exceptional customer experience. You will add value by appropriately allocating our resources to meet a dynamic, constantly evolving environment where no two days are identical. You do not require a tool kit as our technicians have that piece of the customer experience covered. Instead, we want you to understand our technical and maintenance program so that you can engage in business-oriented discussions with our expert team of technician’s as they deliver to our system installation and maintenance program. A few of the specific qualifications are as follows:
- Minimum 5 years of previous management experience, leadership experience within a unionized environment would be beneficial;
- Demonstrated ability to motivate employees to improve and maintain high levels of performance standards;
- Strong technical aptitude;
- Proven ability in managing multiple projects while working within a fast-paced deadline driven environment;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Effective skills in solving, anticipating, preventing technical problems;
- Exceptional communication and analytical skills;
- Valid provincial driver’s license coupled with an excellent driving and workplace safety record;
- Must be flexible and have a commitment to providing excellent customer service;
- Graduate of an accredited institute in an electrical or electronic discipline or equivalent experience, is an asset but not required.
Eastlink is focused on creating an environment which promotes individual growth and career satisfaction. Creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and innovation drive us. We’re looking for people who have the passion for our business, our values and want to go above and beyond for our customers every day.
Dedicated to representing all of the customers we serve, we embrace diversity throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
If you’re ready to take on this exciting opportunity, please apply online.