Burlington, Ontario, Canada
At Cogeco, our culture lifts you up—there is no ego in the way. Our common purpose? We all want to win for our customers. We aim to always be evolving, dynamic, and ambitious. We believe in the power of genuine connections. Each employee is a part of what makes us unique on the market: agile, dedicated, problem solvers.
The Video Engineering Lead will be responsible for project follow-up and deployment of digital video and IPTV technologies, budget monitoring, establishment and verification of DSG architecture plans in Ontario, as well as specific projects related to other divisions. In addition, the selected candidate will lead the recommendation, implementation and evolution of all technological components related to digital video, IPTV, management systems as well associated interactive applications. The responsible will ensure the integrity and quality of the digital video services offered participating in the video systems capacity growth planning sessions. In addition, will also have a tier 3 technical support lead role to address video operation and implementation issues. The candidate will be responsible to lead the planning, coordination, documentation and implementation of video systems in a cost-effective, quality service and efficient manner.
. Act as Technical Lead for a team of Digital Video and IPTV specialists to deliver new video service solutions to market, ensuring that technical standards are defined and applied.
. Influence Architects, Senior Leaders, Network Team to ensure new products consider digital video and IPTV impacts.
. Analyze, recommend and implement the different systems required to support new video and IPTV initiatives.
. Provide detailed engineering for Cogeco’s digital video network including:
• Detailed network level architectures for all digital cable networks with associated transport needs.
• Technical specifications and standards for all parts digital, IPTV and/or on-demand video platforms.
• Define and document detailed designs for all digital video and IPTV systems.
Prepare video network budgets and lead the creation of purchase and work orders.
Manage Ontario Video and IPTV Engineering projects related to new and existing (growth) video infrastructure, based on capacity and product demands.
. Control point for the introduction of new video and IPTV technologies:
• Maintain product detailed roadmaps
• Publish and coordinate the effective rollout of the different roadmaps
. Lead the creation and updating of digital video network databases, network schematics and any other engineering-related documentation.
. Coordinate with warehouse and field engineering storage and distribution of all equipment required for digital video and IPTV projects implementation.
. Subject matter expert working closely with Cogeco’s Video Operations team, ensuring that video platforms have a long term growth and evolution strategy in accordance with Corporate Engineering guidelines.
. Work closely with key technology vendors to ensure understanding of technological choices at a detailed level.
. Responsible of leading video systems transition to production through agile project management and defined methodologies, documentation and training to all impacted groups (Engineering, Technical Operations and Product Development).
• Bachelor degree in electrical or industrial engineering
• Member of PEO
• A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in telecommunications/project management
• 5+ years of experience in video engineering
• At least two years of experience in IPTV video infrastructure
• Proficient using Excel, Power Point and Visio
• Excellent communication English, both oral and written
• Bilingual French-English is an asset
• Ability to analyze, organize and plan
• Demonstrated expert knowledge of current video services
• Demonstrated expert knowledge of MPEG2, MPEG4, QAM and IP networks
• Excellent knowledge of HFC and IP network architectures
• Strong technical background in IP networking, with specific experience working with local area networks (GigE, VPN, etc.)
• Demonstrated documentation and detailed engineering experience with video on demand, switched digital video, IP engineering and/or digital cable service level engineering
• Promote a no blame and no fear teamwork culture
• Embrace Agile project management methodologies
• Able to react to unforeseen situations and make decisions in real time
• Self motivated and able to work with minimum supervision
alent & Technology Together. Join us.
Diversity is an essential asset to our organization’s performance. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all qualified individuals wishing to join our company, regardless of cultural and individual differences. We strive to build teams which reflect the diverse profiles and backgrounds of both the customers and communities we serve, firmly believing that this distinguishes Cogeco from competitors and contributes to our signature of excellence.