A little about us
At Shaw, we’re proud to be leaders in a movement that brings Canadians the connectivity they need to fuel their lives. We’re making bold moves to connect Canadians and we’re always on the lookout for go-getters that are committed to disrupting the status quo. Does that sound like you? We’d love to meet you.
Do you want to work with an inspiring team that is passionate about making a difference, and where your technical skills are highly valued? We are currently seeking a Technical Lead to join our team in the Legacy and Invest domain.
A typical day
• Ensure all applications in the domain are monitored, managed, maintained, and supported, and adhere to all security guidelines
• Understand, drive and communicate the domains current and future initiatives
• Mentor the team to follow, track, design and report on standards and regulations (software development lifecycle, security, coding, etc…)
• Be a subject matter expert for our Operational domain, and ensure the systems are designed and built to ensure stability, reliability, scalability, and operational efficiencies
• Understand and implement best practices and standards
• Understand Software Architecture and guide vendors implementation of design for products
• Communicate status and escalate issues to stakeholders
• Develop, maintain and monitor the continuous delivery pipeline for the systems in the domain
• Liaise with various groups including architecture and vendors across domains
• Work closely with 3rd party vendors
• Routinely engage on technical issues and drive out options and resolution
• Collaborate on design of technology and solutions that impact the Domains Services
• Lead triage and root cause analysis
• Build relationships and promote the domain’s solutions across domains and department
• Provide technical leadership
• Proactively identify areas for improvement, seek solutions and make recommendations
• Foster a spirit of creative collaboration by giving team members a common focus
• Support platform upgrades to ensure deadlines are met and systems are supported
• Post-secondary degree in Computer Science or similar program
• 5+ years working with design, development and support of IT systems
• Experience working with 3rd party vendors
• Highly skilled in the troubleshooting/resolving of complex technical issues
• Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical timelines in a fast-paced environment
• Strong collaboration and coordination skills
• Strong conflict resolution skills are a must
• Highly motivated, energetic, and reliable
• Experienced with SDLC, continuous integration, continuous delivery, build and release management
• Excellent communication skills and technical writing abilities are a must
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal (and credit) background check.
Posting closing date: October 12, 2020
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies, please.