Work Location:Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Every day, our passionate employees connect our customers to the world and everything in it – it’s why we exist at Shaw, and it’s why we strive to be the place where the best people choose to work. Our people reflect the richness of our communities, and our culture is inclusive of each individual’s diverse background and perspective, which makes us a stronger team.
At Shaw we believe a diverse workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and more diversity means more solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Career Opportunity: Technical Lead
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Lead in our Barlow office. Reporting to Manager, Order Entry and Management, the successful candidate will be accountable for helping deliver and enhance domain software solutions that ensure we continue to deliver exceptional products and services to our customers.
• Order Entry / Order Management software solutions guidance and supervision
o Be the expert in Customer Order Management (Order Entry, Order Management) applications, providing technical leadership in the domain
o Identify, recommend, prioritize, and participate in system enhancements/defect fixes required to the system
o Routinely advise on-site or vendor developers/implementation teams on coding, design, and testing/debugging standards
o Work closely with 3rd party vendor to create and deploy releases
o Conduct regular code reviews
o Routinely deal with and resolve difficult technical issues
o Aid in the development of architectural framework and design
o Be responsible for the quality of deliverables
o Communicate status and escalate issues to stakeholders
• Build communications and relationship with the Business Management Applications (BMA) teams
o Act as liaison with various groups including architecture, vendors, other domain and project teams
• Continuous improvement in the domain space
o Develop, maintain and monitor the continuous delivery pipeline for the systems in the domain
o Evaluate and introduce new tools and techniques to the development team
o Proactively identify areas for improvement, seek solutions and make recommendations
o Support domain vendor partners in adoption of DevOps, Agile/Lean methodologies
o Lead initiatives & acts as a change agent (embraces change and helps other to embrace it)
o Foster a spirit of creative collaboration by giving team members a common focus
Required Skills, Experience, and Qualifications:
• Post-secondary degree in Computer Science or similar program
• 5+ years working with design, development and support of IT systems
• Experience working with 3rd party vendors
• Highly skilled in the troubleshooting/resolving of complex technical issues
• Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical timelines in a fast-paced environment
• Strong collaboration and coordination skills
• Strong conflict resolution skills are a must
• Strong software development skills are a must
• Highly motivated, energetic, and reliable
• Experienced with SDLC, continuous integration, continuous delivery, build and release management
• Excellent communication skills and technical writing abilities is a must
• Knowledge of the telecommunications industry is an asset
• Experience with Customer Order Management system design and development related to communications/telecom industry is an asset
• Knowledge of Netcracker BSS platform products (Order Entry, Order Management, Product Catalog) is an asset
• Experience in DevOps, Lean and Agile methodologies
If you want to be part of something bigger—part of a dynamic team of people who are aligned, focused, and passionate about working together to care for our customers, then we look forward to meeting you! Join us.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position requires the successful completion of a criminal & credit background check.
BUSINESS UNIT: TOPS
Shaw Communications, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.