A little about us
At Shaw, we’re proud to be leaders in a movement that brings Canadians the connectivity they need to fuel their lives. We’re making bold moves to connect Canadians and we’re always on the lookout for go-getters that are committed to disrupting the status quo. Does that sound like you? We’d love to meet you.
At Shaw Communications, we have an exciting permanent full-time opportunity for an Architecture Team Lead based out of our Calgary office. This role will provide leadership of architectural oversight, direction, and vision for the Service Management Platforms team, and specifically for the Shaw implementation of ServiceNow.
A typical day
• Two-way communication with team about ET and department direction (Delegation and Prioritization)
• Talent Management and Engagement
• Continuous Performance Management of employees in alignment with Shaw Foundations of Leadership guidelines
• Establishing and maintaining the team culture
• Building relationships with team members and helping to facilitate and develop interpersonal skills
• Mentoring and developing skillset of team members with a focus on soft skills and guiding them on development of technical skills
• Lead the team to deliver more effectively and efficiently
• oversees the overall intake management and prioritization for the Service Management Platforms Architecture and Planning team
• Provide motivation and guidance to the entire development team during the software development lifecycle
• Collaborates with Technical experts to develop and deliver Architectural Designs and Solutions
• oversees in Architecture Assessment processes
• Support project management activities and interface with portfolio delivery team
• Communicates with stakeholders, management teams, and projects as required to provide information and guidance on platform direction and team engagement
• Collaborate with leadership, Enterprise Architecture, DevOps, and business teams to establish a strategic vision of service portfolio
• Participate in ideation process with business teams and guide with understanding of platform capabilities and intake & delivery processes
• Provide insight and expertise into the ServiceNow platform and vendor product roadmaps
• Keeps up to date on current industry trends for technology
• Guide development and support team on approach as it relates to current and future vision for the platform
• Collaborate on programs / projects being delivered to Shaw requiring ServiceNow
• Collaborate on technology designs and solutions that impact Service Management Platforms
• Understand business unit roadmaps and impact to SM.
• Balanced, professional (respectful), focused. Ability to create engaged teams that are efficient and committed to our success.
• Lead by example and promote Shaw values.
• Primary interface points with technology stakeholders, architects, program managers, project managers, and technical leads.
• Collaboration and guidance with project and implementation team members to ensure successful delivery
• Participate in RFI, RFP, prototype development for potential option discovery
• Participation in the development of architectural roadmaps for cross-domain dependencies
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent post-secondary education in Computer Science
• 3 years of experience managing teams with direct reports. Architecture team leadership preferred
• 2 years of experience with ServiceNow preferred
• 2 years of experience in an architectural capacity
• Experience using Agile and/or lean methodologies
• Achieves simplicity in design, focused on value.
• Collaboratively defines key technical mechanisms with the delivery team through Agile modeling.
• Understanding of database technologies and normalization best practices
• Understanding of physical and virtual server infrastructure
• Ability to prioritize and manage work on critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal, analytical problem solving, and technical writing skills are required
• Can manage and resolve conflicts amongst team members
• Mentors and sets team up for success.
• Highly motivated, energetic, reliable, and goal oriented
• Must be a team player
• A positive “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy, and sincerity
• Ability to function in a rapid paced dynamic environment
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
Posting closing date:August 14, 2020
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies, please.