WESTMAN COMMUNICATIONS GROUP (Westman) is seeking applications from energetic, highly motivated individuals to become part of our growing team!
Westman is an industry-leading communications provider based in Brandon MB, offering residential and commercial High-Speed Internet, Digital TV, and Phone services in communities across Manitoba. Westman also owns and operates radio stations Q Country 91.5 FM and 94.7 STAR FM, which broadcast throughout southwestern Manitoba. Established in 1977, as a locally owned and operated cooperative, Westman is dedicated to delivering competitive and innovative services, providing an exceptional member experience, and supporting the communities they serve. Westman empowers their employees to be innovative, team-oriented, community-based, and customer-focused, championing a culture centered around strong values.
Based in Brandon and reporting to the Manager, Network Services the Team Lead, Network Services is responsible for leading a team of Network Analysts with expertise in Voice, Video and Data service delivery to our customers. The successful candidate will provide leadership to the Network Services (NS) team to complete assigned projects and operational tasks/duties timely by efficient task delegation, prioritization of project workload and effective third party (consultants and vendors) coordination.
What you’ll do:
• Provide leadership to the Network Services team including staff coordination and resource management.
• Secure high network availability, provide network performance statistics to leadership, and ensure network capacity analysis is performed regularly including expansion planning starting at the defined thresholds.
• Oversee service continuity such as incident management and ticket prioritization.
• Handle escalations and communications professionally, accurately, and effectively.
• Identify and suggest changes to improve network performance, security, and reliability as well as plan and coordinate all changes to network and services according to the established change management procedure.
• Collaborate with leadership in developing annual CAPEX/OPEX budgets for the Network Services department.
• Supervise and lead the Network Services team to complete the planning, design, implementation, and documentation of annual capital projects to ensure that all are completed on time and within budget.
What you’ll bring to the team:
• Minimum 1-3 years of leadership experience within an ISP/MSO or Telecom environment with a good understanding of DWDM, Core and Access (FTTH and DOCSIS) Network technologies.
• Bachelor’s degree with a major in computer science, information systems or a closely related field.
• Minimum of one of the following professional certifications: Cisco CCNA/Juniper JNCIA-Junos, A+/Network + certificate, SCTE DOCSIS Engineering Professional, or any FTTH certification/training.
• Basic understanding of voice network infrastructure (soft switches, SIP trunks, etc.) and video network infrastructure (legacy cable video and IPTV streaming products).
• Thorough understanding and knowledge of data networks; cable plant, network, and headend topologies; routing and switching; and designing, implementing, optimizing, and troubleshooting network systems and services.
• Must be available for on-call, time-averaging, and emergency services as required.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Open until the position is filled.
Westman is a successful, fast-paced and dynamic organization, with a positive, team-oriented work environment. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Leverage your knowledge with a local technology leader.
Apply today to join our team and begin your exciting career journey with us!
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. While we thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.