What we do at Shaw matters – in a world where being connected has never been more critical, we bring the best wireline and wireless technology and solutions together to create exceptional customer experiences. Every day we help millions of Canadians live their best-connected lives through the strength, capacity and combined power of our Fast LTE and Fibre+ networks.
At Shaw we say we’re brighter together, and we believe it’s the diverse mix of brilliant people here that really makes us shine. When you join our team, you’ll see we are so much more than just a company. Shaw connects you with limitless opportunity, an incredible culture, career development and a great benefits package. We are a friendly, collaborative group, and we have a lot of fun finding new ways to delight our customers.
Come dream bigger and brighter with Shaw.
As a Team Lead, Network Deployment you will manage deployment core team members to execute ongoing core network activities in timely manner, support the team technically, oversee the overall Deployment process of Freedom (SHAW) core network projects, monitor implementation of Quality & Safety standards on core network projects, and inspect/evaluate core network works as required.
A typical day
• Assign tasks & day to day activities to the team
• Monitor his/her team inputs/activities at running projects
• Provide required reports about his/her team progress
• Monitor team members’ performance and see if any training (internal/external) is needed
• Provide technical support for the team
• Project Management
• Technical Acumen
• Quality Control
• Telecommunications Engineering
• Performance Coaching
• Microsoft Office
• Stakeholder Management
• Continuous improvement
• Management reporting
• Minimum of 8 years of Telecom implementation
• Excellent follow up, communication and leading skills to deal with team & vendors
• MS office skills
• Self-motivation and self-starter abilities
• Requires proficiency in a range of analytical and technical processes or procedures to carry out assigned tasks
• Understands how the assigned tasks relate to others in the team and how the team integrates with others
• Serves as team lead, may allocate work, and provide guidance to team members
• Provides solutions to problems in situations that are a typical based on existing precedents or procedures impacts the quality and quantity of own work and its contribution to the team
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
Posting closing date:June 25, 2021
At Shaw, we believe diversity and inclusion are integral to the continued growth and success of our entire company. We believe diversity and inclusion enhances our Company’s culture and creates a sense of belonging where people feel comfortable bringing their true selves to work. This in turn promotes innovation through harnessing the variety of experiences, thoughts, and perspectives our employees have to offer. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, age, or any other identifying characteristic.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies, please.