Date: Nov 8, 2018
Location: Toronto, ON, CA, M4Y 2Y5
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
We are looking for an experienced Senior HR Business Analyst to join our Talent Program Delivery Team. This role is based out of Rogers Corporate head office, and reports to the Manager, HR Services. This position will be for a 12-month contract.
Working in a team environment, this position will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead as a functional expert/representative for HR initiatives that impact multiple systems, programs, and/or third party vendors
- Design and/or deliver: reports, spreadsheets, correspondence, presentations, business cases, change requests, current/proposed process workflows, test cases, and end-user guides to support HR initiatives
- Manage relationships and consult with program owners, end-users, vendors, and team members to identify and resolve system/process related issues
- Partner with internal business partners, and external vendors, to: gather, document, and refine business requirements, provide recommendations for mid-size to large initiatives
- Lead in user acceptance testing of new technical developments, as required
- Evaluate existing internal processes with the intent of identifying anomalies and recommending enhancement opportunities
- Perform root causes analysis of issues and recommend preventative solutions
- Develop, coach and act as a change agent for the user community with regards to new processes, applications, and functionality
- Fulfill ad-hoc requests for business information
- Assist leadership with building effective practices to meet business and employee needs
- Post-secondary education, with a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Business Analyst, preferably in a Human Resources environment
- Demonstrated technical competence with one, or more, of the following HR systems: SuccessFactors, PeopleSoft, Oracle HCM, Kronos Timekeeper and SharePoint.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft suite of products
- Demonstrated knowledge of commonly used concepts, methodologies, and procedures within a project and/or service management environment.
- Ability to perform data analysis and conduct root cause investigations
- Ability to compile complex information, gathered from multiple sources, and present in an easy-to-understand format (such as Visio and/or MS PowerPoint)
- Ability to produce reports in MS Excel using advanced techniques (such as: functions, vlookups, concatenation, pivot tables, and macros)
- Ability to establish and achieve goals with minimal supervision
- Communicates effectively, at all levels of the organization, with meaningful and articulate verbal discussions
- Creates clear and coherent written materials
- Proven attention to accuracy and detail
- Self-motivated, customer-focused professional, who has solid organizational skills and can manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines in a shared services setting
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: 12 Months
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Human Resources & Analyst
Requisition ID: 135629
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.