What we do at Shaw matters – in a world where being connected has never been more critical, we bring the best wireline and wireless technology and solutions together to create exceptional customer experiences. Every day we help millions of Canadians live their best-connected lives through the strength, capacity and combined power of our Fast LTE and Fibre+ networks.
At Shaw we say we’re brighter together, and we believe it’s the diverse mix of brilliant people here that really makes us shine. When you join our team, you’ll see we are so much more than just a company. Shaw connects you with limitless opportunity, an incredible culture, career development and a great benefits package. We are a friendly, collaborative group, and we have a lot of fun finding new ways to delight our customers.
Come dream bigger and brighter with Shaw.
Shaw is continuing investment in platforms that provide greater insights to network health and adding more devices under monitoring in order to improve our customers’ experience with services. Strategically Shaw is building an approach that utilizes machine learning and artificial intelligence to improve correlation of network events and determining actionable events to more effectively direct workforce focus on impairments and remediations.
As a Network Fault & Performance Systems Architect II you will design and implement tools that support Operations and Engineering stakeholders in monitoring network and cable plant devices for faults and collection of performance data, determine and implement integrations with other platforms such as inventory and ticketing systems, and provide sustaining and maintenance support (tier 2/3 level). This role will work collaboratively with Operations and Network Engineering stakeholders and OSS team members to help set priorities, plan and implement solutions, and work with our Quality Assurance team to plan test strategies and test cases for solution validation.
• Delivery focused, action oriented with measurable results. Objective, trustworthy, honest and acts with integrity.
• Strong communicator, both verbally and in written form.
• Collaborative team player. Takes initiative.
• Technical knowledge and use of SQL, GIT, Kubernetes, Docker, Prometheus, Grafana.
• Familiarity with Postgres, Cassandra, MySQL/Maria databases and no-Sequel databases.
• Familiarity with Python, Pearl, NodeJS, Ansible.
• Familiarity with SNMP and Syslog protocols.
• Familiarity with security best practices.
• Familiarity with Agile Scrum would be a plus.
• Familiarity with AppDynamics would be a plus.
• 5 years or more experience in designing, developing and implementing network-based systems for production usage with appropriate quality management, configuration management and change controls.
• Strong application of techniques for determining user needs, priorities, quality delivery and estimating.
• Familiarity with fault monitoring, performance management or proactive network management systems would be a plus.
• Technical education with engineering degree or technical diploma.
• Open to training and mentoring. Committed to personal development.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal (and credit) background check.
Posting closing date:June 21, 2021
At Shaw, we believe diversity and inclusion are integral to the continued growth and success of our entire company. We believe diversity and inclusion enhances our Company’s culture and creates a sense of belonging where people feel comfortable bringing their true selves to work. This in turn promotes innovation through harnessing the variety of experiences, thoughts, and perspectives our employees have to offer. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, age, or any other identifying characteristic.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.