Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for a Systems Analyst in our Global Edmonton Office. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting Global Edmonton users.
Work Status: Permanent Role
Location: Global Edmonton – This is bargaining unit position.
About the Role
Reporting to the Manager, Station IT OPS, the Systems Analyst will be responsible for:
- Provide day-today administration, support and maintenance of IT systems of varying platforms including desktops, handheld devices, Skype for Business clients, printers, peripherals and software applications
- Provide effective Desk side support for users located in Global Edmonton
- Ensure IT incidents, requests and changes are logged, tracked and resolved in a timely manner, in accordance with established practices and policies
- Coordinate with various internal and external and/or 3rd party support providers for the successful diagnosis and resolution of issues as required
- Participate in IT projects and in the quest for constant improvement of IT service through the analysis, discussion, evaluation and deployment of new solutions
- Participate in an on-call rotation and have the ability to travel occasionally
- Providing on-call and after-hours technical support as required
What We Need From You:
- IT experience working in TV/Post-Production/Radio industry
- Degree/diploma in Computer Science or equivalent
- Five or more years work experience with Microsoft operating systems in a large IT production environment
- Experience and working knowledge with:
- MS Active Directory, Office 2007/2010/2013, Exchange 2010, SCCM 2007/2012 (asset)
- Supports WAN/LAN, file/folder/print sharing, MFPs, internal applications, PC hardware and mobile devices
- Windows 10/7/Server 2008/2012, Desktop and laptop imaging (MS MDT 2010)
- Unified Communication – Skype for Business
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to quickly learn new business and technical concepts
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure related to other major operating systems, i.e. Linux, database and/or networks would be an asset
- Knowledge of ITIL methodologies would be an asset
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as individually
- Positive can do, customer focused, team player approach
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 5, 2018.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.