Execulink Telecom is hiring a full-time, permanent Systems Administrator for their location in Woodstock. The Systems Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day proactive maintenance and monitoring of the Local Area Network (LAN) and supporting systems. It includes performance of a variety of evaluation, installation, maintenance and training tasks to ensure LAN performance meets company and user requirements.
• Located in Woodstock, ON
• Full-time, permanent position
• Regular hours Monday to Friday from 8:00 AM-4:30 PM
• Occasional work after hours or on weekends for maintenance duties may be required
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Administer network workstations, utilizing TCP/IP networking protocols and/or one or more Windows or Linux/Unix based operating systems.
• Assist personnel of other departments as a computer and phone client resource by providing orientation to new staff.
• Installation, configuration and maintenance of workplace computers, Windows 2016/2012/2008 Servers, other file and print servers, Ethernet networks, network cabling and other related equipment, and related peripherals.
• Investigate user problems, identify root cause, determine possible solutions, test and implement solutions.
• Perform software and application development, installation and upgrades.
• Administration, maintenance and training on the ACD & CIC phone system
• Procurement of computers, network hardware, peripheral equipment and software
• Plan and implement network security, including building, monitoring and maintaining firewalls, applying cryptography to network applications, managing host security, file permissions, backup and disaster recovery plans, file system integrity and adding and deleting users.
• Troubleshooting networks, systems and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
• Perform maintenance requirements following company and vendor standards as assigned by the Service Operations Manager.
• Investigate, recommend and install enhancements and operating procedures that optimize network availability.
• Provide computer related and phone client orientation to new staff
• Maintain neat and orderly network records for future reference
• Additional tasks as requested by the IT and Special Projects Manager
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
• Proficient knowledge of the current Windows Operating System
• Proficient in Hyper V/VM Ware and VDI
• Proficient in setting up POE switches and basic understanding of Cisco or Juniper routers.
• Proficient in setting up of the Wireless network and security administration
• Proficient knowledge of Domain Controllers, Windows Active directory and Microsoft Exchange server 2016/2013/2010.
• Proficient in internet related protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, POP, SIP, SMTP, IMAP, FTP) administration and configuration of CIC and ACD phone systems and configuration of smart phone provisioning using Active Sync
• Proficient in setup, administration and configuration of MFP and FPS.
• Proficient in Sharepoint
• Working knowledge of Camera and monitoring systems.
• Proficient in Windows 10 Administration and Troubleshooting
• Proficient in the creation administration, troubleshooting and maintenance of the Images.
• Experience with the following programs: Google Chrome, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office 2016 or Office 365.
• Valid Class G Driver’s license.
How to Apply
In your cover letter tell us why you think you would excel as a member of our team!
Submit your cover letter and resume in confidence to email@example.com
At Execulink Telecom, the largest locally owned independent telecom company in Southwestern Ontario, our only goal is to enhance your lifestyle at home, work and play. As we grow rapidly, we have an unwavering commitment to continue to build a positive team, with a friendly, family spirited approach. The selection of exceptional talent is important to us! When you join Execulink, you’re joining a team that’s focused on not only providing an AWESOME experience to our customers, but to our employees as well. We live and breathe our Mission, Vision and Values, and are searching for individuals who are excited to contribute and do the same!
Execulink Telecom is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.