Burlington, Ontario, Canada
At Cogeco, our culture lifts you up—there is no ego in the way. Our common purpose? We all want to win for our customers. We aim to always be evolving, dynamic, and ambitious. We believe in the power of genuine connections. Each employee is a part of what makes us unique on the market: agile, dedicated, problem solvers.
The Systems Administrator’s key responsibility is to ensure the continuous availability and reliability of Cogeco’s IT Windows servers (on prem and cloud), Vmware/ESX systems and related hardware and software components. The administrator also ensures that expected results are delivered to the user community at agreed upon performance standards. In addition to day-to-day operation, he/she is involved in infrastructure and application related maintenances and support activities to ensure the implementation of a high performing 24/7 infrastructure
Administers the ongoing operation of Cogeco’s IT Windows and ESXi/VMware servers across Ontario, Quebec, Azure and GCP.
Administers the ongoing operation of Cogeco’s VDI infrastructure across Ontario and Quebec.
Installs, administers, and troubleshoots Windows, Active Directory, Exchange, PKI, DNS and DHCP servers.
. Troubleshoots errors related to Windows, VMware, disk storage, backup and related software tools.
. Builds and maintains automation scripts for the purposes of provisioning and operations.
Performs capacity planning, server tuning and optimisation to ensure maximum uptime based on established SLAs.
Applies security standards at all times, including the correct patching level and configuration to achieve security and operating systems patch management policy.
Maintains the disaster recovery plan for the corporate Wintel Infrastructure.. Implements and monitors daily backup and recovery of the operating systems using enterprise backup server software.
. Monitors and responds to hardware and software alarms using appropriate problem determination and monitoring tools.
Provides systems and applications related support to the Operations and the Application Development Teams
• Bachelor degree in a relevant discipline or combination of equivalent education and work experience required.
• Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in IT, with 3 to 5 years in a Windows systems administration position.
• Proven track record in the installation, configuration, administration and troubleshooting of Windows servers’ products (Windows, Exchange, AD…) and core internet technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, PKI, Proxy).
• Proven track record in the installation, configuration, administration and troubleshooting of Red Hat Linux servers
• Proven track record in the installation, configuration, administration and troubleshooting of VMware products, specifically vSphere, vRealize and Horizon View
• Proven experience in configuration of servers in high availability and performing recovery tests in disaster recovery environments.
• Experience with Azure and GCP will be an asset.
• Experience with automation technologies such as Powershell, vRA Automation, Ansible will be an asset.
• Experience in OS hardening, system security and auditing.
• Experience in web server administration.
• Experience with tools such as Uptime, BigFix, LogRhythm, Symantec EP an asset
• Solid experience in support & operations with demonstrated ability to execute processes and methodologies.
• Excellent written and spoken English required
• Bilingualism (French) will be an asset.