Kawartha Lakes, ON, Canada Req #962
Eastlink is currently seeking a System Technician to join our team in Kawartha Lakes, Ontario.
The successful candidate is required to reside in or be willing to re-locate to this management area.
As a member of an experienced in-field technical team, the System Technician will be responsible providing superior customer service to our customers through both home installation and service/repair. Service/repair consists of identification, troubleshooting and correction of service problems in the outside plant for both forward and return path. As well as service, installation and maintenance in our copper based plant in Cambray ON.
The ideal candidate is a professional, customer orientated individual who has strong problem solving skills, technical aptitude and enjoys working in a fast paced customer facing work environment.
• Graduation from a recognized Electronics program or equivalent experience;
• Customer service experience;
• Industry repair and maintenance experience is an asset;
• NCTI or SCTE training is considered an asset;
• Ability to work rotating shifts, including nights and weekends, holidays and emergency situations;
• Ability to work standby on a rotating basis;
• Ability to work in inclement weather conditions (including snow, rain & cold);
• Ability to work safely aloft from a ladder, or bucket truck near energized equipment and/or power lines;
• Ability to manually lift, push and pull up to 90 lbs;
• Ability to kneel, crouch and work above shoulders on occasion;
• Valid driver’s license with satisfactory driving record (drivers abstract will be requested);
• Satisfactory criminal background check.
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink brings you technology in a way that people would want it. We work hard to provide the best products – Internet, TV, Wireless, Telephone, and Security and Automation – to keep our customers connected to the things and people that matter the most. By putting our customers and their needs at the centre of it all we can show them something special and provide a unique brand experience.
We are extremely proud of our employees and believe the best people make the best companies. As we continue to grow, our goal is to continue to attract the best people.
Dedicated to representing all of the customers we serve, we embrace diversity throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
Ready to explore an exciting career at Eastlink? Your journey begins here.