New Glasgow, NS, Canada
As one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Eastlink takes great pride in delivering advanced technologies/services that connect its customers to the things and people that matter most. Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and mobile networks, we bring world-class communications and video entertainment services including high speed internet, mobile, TV, telephone, security and automation, data communications and exclusive, locally-produced programming to residential, business and public sector customers across Canada. Headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Eastlink operates with an employee base of over 1300 people who serve customers in NS, PEI, NL, NB, ON, AB, BC and Bermuda.
Eastlink is currently seeking a System Technician to join our team in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia.
The successful candidate is required to reside in or be willing to re-locate to this management area.
As a member of an experienced in-field technical team, the System Technician will be responsible for providing superior customer service to our customers through outside plant and in home service/repair. Service/repair consists of identification, troubleshooting and correction of service problems in the outside plant for both forward and return path. This will include any faults found from the mainline through to the customer’s premises, which would impair the operation of Eastlink’s services. Eastlink provides in-house technical, safety and service training which will increase with experience to ensure our Technicians are set up for success.
The ideal candidate is a professional, customer orientated individual who has strong problem solving skills, technical aptitude and enjoys working in a fast paced customer facing work environment.
• Graduation from a recognized Electronics program or equivalent experience;
• Customer service experience;
• Industry repair and maintenance experience is an asset;
• NCTI or SCTE training is considered an asset;
• Ability to work rotating shifts, including nights and weekends, holidays and emergency situations;
• Ability to work standby on a rotating basis;
• Ability to work in inclement weather conditions (including snow, rain & cold);
• Ability to work safely aloft from a ladder, or bucket truck near energized equipment and/or power lines;
• Ability to manually lift, push and pull up to 90 lbs;
• Ability to kneel, crouch and work above shoulders on occasion;
• Valid driver’s license with satisfactory driving record (drivers abstract will be requested);
• Satisfactory criminal background check.
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink operates in a culture of continuous improvement through listening, learning and adapting, which enables us to respond quickly to the evolving needs of both employees and customers. We recognize that our truly greatest competitive edge is our people and that delivering a great customer experience begins with a great employee experience. Our philosophy of developing and training our team “on the ground” not only helps to create a strong onboarding experience but also readies employees for future growth opportunities within the organization.
Dedicated to reflecting the customers and communities we serve, we embrace diversity and inclusion throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
If you are ready to explore an exciting career at Eastlink, your journey begins here.