WESTMAN COMMUNICATIONS GROUP (Westman) is seeking applications from energetic, highly motivated individuals to become part of our growing team!
Westman is an industry-leading communications provider based in Brandon MB, offering residential and commercial High-Speed Internet, Digital TV, and Phone services in communities across southwestern and central Manitoba. Westman also owns and operates radio stations Q Country 91.5 FM and 94.7 STAR FM, which broadcast throughout southwestern Manitoba. Established in 1977, as a locally owned and operated cooperative, Westman is dedicated to delivering competitive and innovative services, providing an exceptional member experience, and supporting the communities they serve. We empower our employees to be innovative, team-oriented, community-based, and customer-focused, championing a culture centered around strong values.
Based in and serving Swan River and area, and reporting to the Team Lead, Residential Broadband Installation & Repair on a day-to-day basis, the System Service Technician is responsible for all aspects of installation, repair, and maintenance of the Broadband systems and related Customer Premises Equipment with a focus on providing exceptional customer service and support. Emergency repair is included along with routine maintenance, upgrades, and rebuild-installation. Head End repair and troubleshooting is required periodically.
What you’ll be doing:
• Install, disconnect, and reconnect service drops as well as internal wiring and equipment
• Ensure our infrastructure is operating at an optimal level by engaging in maintenance and repair duties using advanced test equipment
• Perform all work in accordance with our policies and procedures ensuring strong commitment to our high quality standards is maintained
• Must be available for on-call shifts as required in rotation
What you’ll bring to the team:
• Minimum Grade 12 education; post-secondary technical education would be considered an asset, or a combination of education and experience
• Superior analytical ability and technical aptitude
• Electronics/electrical wiring experience is preferred
• Highly motivated with strong interpersonal and communication skills
• A positive and active team player with the drive and initiative to work independently
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel
Deadline for applications: NOON on Monday, January 31, 2022 or until the position is filled.
Westman is a successful, fast-paced and dynamic organization, with a positive, team-oriented work environment. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Leverage your knowledge with a local technology leader.
Apply today to join our team and begin your exciting career journey with us!
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. While we thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.