Halifax, NS, Canada Req #621
Powered by state-of-the-art fibre optic and wireless networks, Eastlink delivers world-class video entertainment and communications services to residential, business and public sector customers across Canada. As one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 11 consecutive years, Eastlink provides high speed Internet, wireless, TV, telephone, security and automation, data communications and exclusive, locally-produced programming. Headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Eastlink is the largest privately owned telecommunications Company in Canada with an employee base of just over 1500 individuals.
The System Analyst will be a key member of the Eastlink IT Operations team. The System Analyst will focus on operations and business requirements but also be required determine the appropriate design and implementation for infrastructure used to deliver services to internal and external customers.
They will define the goals and appropriate service levels for IT infrastructure. The individual will monitor these metrics to ensure service levels are being maintained to deliver a quality service to internal and external customers. The role will provide a high level of technical escalation in troubleshooting and resolution of complex and/or critical outages as well as accept the ownership of the issue until it is resolved.
• Perform systems infrastructure operations, design and implementation.
• Monitor/perform capacity planning for the systems infrastructure and implementation for new applications and services.Provide input to planners to ensure additional capacity augments are done in a timely manner
• Troubleshoot and resolve outages.
• Work with other groups within EastLink to support their business requirements and projects initiatives.
• Stay abreast of the latest technical advancements, market trends and competitive pressures.
• Prioritize operational, planning and development work to ensure that the most important issues are resolved accordingly.
• Be part of a 24/7 on-call rotation.
• Post-secondary education in a relevant field (Computer Science, Data Communications/Networking, Information Technology) or equivalent industry experience.
• Minimum 7+ years relevant experience in one or more of the following areas; networking, servers, storage area networks, network attached storage and/or VMware.
• Advanced level understanding of:
o Server Hardware
o Virtualization (VMware)
o Linux/Windows Operating Systems
• Any of the following certifications will be considered an asset but not strictly required.
o VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
o RedHat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
The Ideal Candidate:
• Strong analytical skills and tactically focused.
• Excellent communicator.
• Team oriented, but able to work independently.
• Entrepreneurial approach and mindset – proactively looks for ways to improve service/efficiency/reliability etc.
• Deep technical understanding of the work.
• Takes ownership of problems and tasks.
• Calm under pressure.
• Customer service oriented with an ability to respond to changing organizational priorities.
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink brings you technology in a way that people would want it. We work hard to provide the best products – Internet, TV, Wireless, Telephone, and Security and Automation – to keep our customers connected to the things and people that matter the most. By putting our customers and their needs at the centre of it all we can show them something special and provide a unique brand experience.
We are extremely proud of our employees and believe the best people make the best companies. As we continue to grow, our goal is to continue to attract the best people.
Dedicated to representing all of the customers we serve, we embrace diversity throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
Ready to explore an exciting career at Eastlink? Your journey begins here.