At Shaw, we’re proud to be leaders in a movement that brings Canadians the connectivity they need to fuel their lives. We’re making bold moves to connect Canadians and we’re always on the lookout for go-getters that are committed to disrupting the status quo. Does that sound like you? We’d love to meet you.
We are currently seeking a Supervisor, Reverse Logistics in our National Distribution Centre to join our team. This position reports directly into Manager, National Distribution Centre Operations.
A typical day
• Oversee the organization and processing of all items returned from various inbound channels.
• Liaison between various internal and external teams to determine item disposition.
• Execute the timely issuance and pull-through of RA’s to vendors
• Clean, Kit and Redeploy Inventory as neededa
• Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop staff to ensure resources are used effectively and work schedules and targets are met.
• Identify and eliminate safety and housekeeping hazards to minimize workplace accidents
• Provide clear and concise reporting of team metrics to identify trends and ensure inventory accuracy.
• Utilize leadership tools and techniques to hire, develop, coach, and mentor staff.
• Develop and track Key Performance Indicators to baseline and improve department performance.
• Seek and implement value added activities that support business objectives.
• Using Lean tools and methodology, monitor the effectiveness of operating procedures, space utilization, protection of equipment, and make recommendations for improvements.
• Other duties as required.
• Five years of supply chain leadership experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain
• Experience in Lean Principles
• Knowledge of inventory management systems
• Understanding of warehousing operations and logistics
• Solutions-oriented and confident decision-making skills in a high-stress environment
• Ability to manage a team of individual contributors in a collaborative and diverse environment
• Clear and effective oral presentation of ideas/recommendations and effective written communication
• Strong analytical skillset.
Posting closing date:November 27, 2020
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies, please.