Division: Promotions Department
Work Status: Part Time
Location: Vancouver, BC
About the Role:
As a member of the Promotions team you will be reporting to Promotions Coordinators and will be responsible for activation of onsite events for the radio cluster, which include:
- Set up and tear down of station events
- Conversing with the listeners, clients, and sponsors on site
- Running contests and handing out prizing at station events
- Working closely with on-air announcers and staff from all departments
- Hosting and emceeing of station events in front of large crowds
- Documenting all event activities and details
- Basic maintenance and upkeep of station vehicles and equipment
What We Need From You:
- Must have current Class 5 driver’s license
- A desire to work in radio
- Leadership qualities and desire to take initiative
- The ability to deal with challenging situations with empathy and sincerity
- Must be able to work before, during, or after normal business hours and weekends (as needed) as well as be ready to take on shifts with little or immediate notice
If you have the following….we want to hear from you!
- A positive, friendly manner and customer service approach
- Ability to think on your feet and possess excellent problem solving abilities
- Must have an enthusiastic approach to all activities and responsibilities
- Training at a credited broadcast institute or promotions/marketing experience would be considered an asset
- Must be a happy and outgoing person
How to Apply:
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by May 3, 2019.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.